Sponsored

Options for minimum drop springs for GT PP2?

RedCanPp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
My car is a daily and as of today with the stock height I have no issues with clearance, never scraped.

I'm looking to lower it mainly for looks, although I do plan on going to the track once or twice but likely not often.

I wanted to reduce the wheel gap just a bit more without worrying too much about clearance due to the aggressive splitter.

So what options do I have? Steeda has a new "Mustang Minimum Drop" specifically for Magneride, but it does not mention if it drops anything on a PP2.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8225-mustang-s650-magneride-minimum-drop-lowering-springs

Another option was BMR, SPH765 says:
  • 2018-2020 Mustang GT Magneride .75in Front / .75in Rear
  • 2015-2020 Shelby GT350 .300in Front / .500in Rear
But nothing about PP2. If the drop was similar to GT350 I think that would be perfect.
Sponsored

Macwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Steeda Q500 Enforcer
Steeda minimum drop springs are great springs and will work, especially if you're on stock wheels/tires. Drops around .5".

Mgt2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My car is a daily and as of today with the stock height I have no issues with clearance, never scraped.

I'm looking to lower it mainly for looks, although I do plan on going to the track once or twice but likely not often.

I wanted to reduce the wheel gap just a bit more without worrying too much about clearance due to the aggressive splitter.

So what options do I have? Steeda has a new "Mustang Minimum Drop" specifically for Magneride, but it does not mention if it drops anything on a PP2.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-8225-mustang-s650-magneride-minimum-drop-lowering-springs

But nothing about PP2. If the drop was similar to GT350 I think that would be perfect.
I have a steeda dual rate on mine and i don’t seem to have any issues. It has been about 2 yrs now. As long as you know how to drive it around some driveways and other areas which can cause scraping issues AND you are the only driver you shouldn’t have any problems. I love the dual rate they keep the rear end where it needs to be.

badvcr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT pp2

I also have a PP2 mine is a 2019 gt, I did a lot of research back when I first got the car and I went with the ford performance gt350 springs (link below), they lower the car just the right amount and they're super comfortable, my car is also a daily so i did not want any harsh springs. car looks perfect to me, wheel gap is about 1 1/4 F and 1" B...

i had them on for over 3 years no tire rubbing at all, you do have to be a little more careful on steep driveways but that is to expected, i remember when i first did it i measured the splitter height difference, it was just a little less that an inch.

20240404_163644.jpg
Sponsored