Opinions/Knowledge of P0456 and P1450

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Hi guys, I would appreciate some help and insight into these codes. Back on Memorial Day I was parked in a public park as the street where I was going was closed for a parade. I parked where I thought was a safe spot, but when I got to my car initially I noticed my fuel door was popped open, and on that side of my car all over was grease and marks, evidence that someone or some people were messing around and leaning all over my car. I was very annoyed about that, but didn’t think anything else. Well a couple of days later I got a CEL and the code was P0456 saying a very small evap system leak was detected, and the closeness in time made me start to think someone messed with something, but I don’t know if something could have been done to cause that. Then a few days later, today, I was getting gas and after when I started my car it barely could start, it was struggling. When I got home, I checked codes again and saw an additional P1450, unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum. These are issues that I have never encountered before, and the closeness in time to seeing that people were messing around by my car is really making me think they did something, but could it really just be a coincidence? As a note, I have a 2017 ecoboost mustang with about 51,000 miles, and relatively recently I have already replaced the evap purge valve in response to the P144C code which fixed that issue.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did someone try to siphon gas from the vehicle - and perhaps damaged the fill tube?

OP
OP
jayhoogs

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Did someone try to siphon gas from the vehicle - and perhaps damaged the fill tube?
I didn’t really suspect that before, but I guess it’s possible. If they did try that, they didn’t succeed because I wasn’t missing any gas. I also don’t know how I can really inspect that tube, I tried looking in there but can’t really see much. I’m thinking of bringing it to the dealer soon for a different issue and hopefully that can just be combined and they’ll find the issue.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I second your thoughts CJ! Siphoning of gas is definitely not a new thing but becomes a lot more prevalent when gas prices are higher then they ever have been.

JBG0137

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback, 2019 GT350r
Hi guys, I would appreciate some help and insight into these codes. Back on Memorial Day I was parked in a public park as the street where I was going was closed for a parade. I parked where I thought was a safe spot, but when I got to my car initially I noticed my fuel door was popped open, and on that side of my car all over was grease and marks, evidence that someone or some people were messing around and leaning all over my car. I was very annoyed about that, but didn’t think anything else. Well a couple of days later I got a CEL and the code was P0456 saying a very small evap system leak was detected, and the closeness in time made me start to think someone messed with something, but I don’t know if something could have been done to cause that. Then a few days later, today, I was getting gas and after when I started my car it barely could start, it was struggling. When I got home, I checked codes again and saw an additional P1450, unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum. These are issues that I have never encountered before, and the closeness in time to seeing that people were messing around by my car is really making me think they did something, but could it really just be a coincidence? As a note, I have a 2017 ecoboost mustang with about 51,000 miles, and relatively recently I have already replaced the evap purge valve in response to the P144C code which fixed that issue.
Check this video out, it might help you

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
they absolutely could have damaged the capless filler

OP
OP
jayhoogs

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
they absolutely could have damaged the capless filler
Wow, do you think there would be something I’d be able to see by just looking into it? Or it would need to be disassembled somewhat? Not sure whether I should try to figure it out or just let the dealer handle it.

SimonP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium 2015
Did you fix it ? I have the same codes (P1450 and P 0456). When you changes purge valve did you use OEM or aftermarket ?

OP
OP
jayhoogs

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Did you fix it ? I have the same codes (P1450 and P 0456). When you changes purge valve did you use OEM or aftermarket ?
So not sure if it’s fixed. My car also had the common A/C evap core issue that needed replacing so I brought it to the dealer for that, and had them check out those evap codes as well. When I got the car back I saw that their fix for that was to replace the purge valve, the same part I had already replaced somewhat recently (using an OEM replacement). I was skeptical this would fix the issue since I had already replaced it, so I checked for codes and sure enough the “small leak detected” code was back. I want to make sure the issue is actually still there so I reset the codes again, but now I’ve been away for a bit so I haven’t been able to see what comes of that yet, but I’ll try to keep you updated.
Sponsored