95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the oil changed after the break-in period. No problem.

It's a no option car with the standard Recaro seats and the basic sound system.

I ordered it in Magnetic Metallic (faster color) with the Ebony seats.

I just drove the car today in 90 degree heat, and it still pulls hard up to around 8000 Rpm. I can add:
  • The A/C is great
  • The tires grip more when hot
  • The sound of the FPC engine is awesome
  • It's just fast for the money
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

3 Year Report from a fellow Magnetic.
- Tech Package but in the middle of having it replaced with the track transmission for some more uninterrupted fun and hopefully less cabin heat. haha
- A/C works great and has never needed to be replaced, thank goodness cause it can get toasty inside with the tech trans.
-Shift Light set at 7,500 which has been perfect for that 8250 shift.
-Love the Pilot Cup 2 (non-r) tires wrapped in these beautiful SV701 wheels in Brushed Bronze Tint
a) They grip amazingly; car loves to corner but it's also on Ford Performance Track Suspension / Sway everything. A little credit to Ford Performance is due.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I winced just looking at your driveway.

Also, can attest that air conditioning is great. I normally try to drive without it and windows down, but sometimes I do give in to the Carolina summer heat.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
You were lucky to find a car free of options you didn't want or need. Most dealers add the sport seats, over the top stripes and Tech package at the very least.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
- Tech Package but in the middle of having it replaced with the track transmission for some more uninterrupted fun and hopefully less cabin heat.ha
No clue as I don't have the tech package.
- A/C works great and has never needed to be replaced, thank goodness cause it can get toasty inside with the tech trans.
-Love the Pilot Cup 2 (non-r) tires wrapped in these beautiful SV701 wheels in Brushed Bronze Tint
a) They grip amazingly; car loves to corner but it's also on Ford Performance Track Suspension / Sway everything. A little credit to Ford Performance is due.[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

PGas32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne...and F-450
Money aside, which car stays if you can only have one? The 992 or the 350? Only asking because I'm a die-hard Porsche guy who's recently become infatuated with the GT350's

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
- Tech Package but in the middle of having it replaced with the track transmission for some more uninterrupted fun and hopefully less cabin heat. haha
a) They grip amazingly; car loves to corner but it's also on Ford Performance Track Suspension / Sway everything. A little credit to Ford Performance is due.
1) I know nothing of the Tech Package.
2) I just ignore the shift light as ii is a recommendation. I change gears when I need to change 'em. I've hit the rev limiter a few times (not my fault).
3) I like my car's handling. No problems for me with sway.

Please explain "sway"? My car is very neutral with the stock tires. It does have a bit of understeer (the front may plow forward a bit). This is better than oversteer (the rear end may snap around on you and hit something)?

The suspension talks to me when I push it:
Any understeer can be corrected with more throttle. This only works within a 'slow in, fast out' corner.

"Oversteer" is showing off. If you hang out the rear end, you are losing lap times. You must get all four tires working together for maximum grip and lap times..

The Ford GT350 is a real factory car for racing.
2019GT350.jpg

JMO

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey Doc,

Disregard my original post, I was just trying to say the car is fantastic. I decided to get off the street springs and street sway bars and went with Ford Performance Track everything. That's all. In regards to the tech, I have the 2016 model that doesn't come with the coolers. I was just saying, I'm looking forward to my track transmission upgrade as that's the last step to this puzzle and she's on the track.

here's an example: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...-ecoboost-gt-gt350-gt350r-2015-2020/p/M5490G/

You're definitely right, 2017 + out of the box she's ready for the track but better handling do components exist.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Money aside, which car stays if you can only have one? The 992 or the 350? Only asking because I'm a die-hard Porsche guy who's recently become infatuated with the GT350's
There is no money aside as it is two different cars:
  • The GT350 is faster on a race track for half the price.
  • The Porsche 911 is really good on the street and the track.
    20Porsche.jpg
  • 20Porsche1.jpg
2019GT350.jpg

2019GT350a.jpg
Sponsored