On the verge of cancellng

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
As I have stated previously, they have moved the yardstick of the "timeframe". For a LONG time, Ford's website said "Available Summer 2014". Suddenly it changes to "Fall 2014" and everyone now says: "They are currently on track to deliver them before the stated timeframe.". Sorry, but no. It doesn't work like that.

Joe, not sure if you have read all of the Mustang media releases. Below is a link to the first one from Dec 5, "The 2015 Mustang will be in production by the fall of next year." It is in production. There is not a single official release saying anything about summer. It is in production and it is still summer. I can't find find anything else contradicting these releases. Where did you hear they would be on track to deliver before the stated time frame. I don't want to beleaguer the point, but technically it is still summer, there are sell able cars produced and if one gets sold before the 21st, it would be sold in the summer of 2014, just sayin'

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...13/12/05/soundbites-all-new-ford-mustang.html
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
It may not have been in an official press release, Mustangchief, but not many people read those anyway, IMHO. The Ford website did in fact say that though, and I've posted about it on here and others here have corroborated it before.

I will agree that if there is one sold before the 21st, then technically it was available in Summer 2014. The problem is that Ford changed what the website said. Plenty of others picked up on the "Summer 2014" as well and I can still find articles mentioning the Mustang being either available or going on sale in Summer 2014. Some of them even say "Early Summer 2014". I'll admit that some of that may be hyperbole and guessing, though.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Since last December when they announced the car, pretty much every official statement I've seen from Ford, whether that be press releases or media interviews, said either "Late 2014" or "Fall 2014." They've never said anything about Summer. Seems to me they are right on schedule, barring any unexpected delays.

The website thing was obviously an error on somebody's part, and IIRC it wasn't there very long.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I do recall "Late Summer" from earlier this year, around May but have nothing to substantiate that. I have "Late 2014"
image.jpg

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Not to offend, but who cares? Clearly 'Late Summer' is upon us and cars are just getting ready to ship. It is what it is at this point. Cars will definitely be out by Fall, which is what they've really been promoting actively.

They're ramping up production at this point, and the vert has made an appearance on the production line as well so it's probably not too far off either.

I suspect demand will jump pretty good once the initial gates are open, and you'll think your 2-3 month wait was hardly anything at all.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
In all honesty my dealer told me it could be as late as December the day I ordered it in May. It doesn't make the wait any easier but what's a few more months at this point, summer is already over.
Sponsored