Sponsored

Oil Change Intervals w/ COBB AccessPort

jko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
First off, i just want to apologize if this topic is posted somewhere else. I usually just use the forum to search but I couldn't find an answer to my question(s) so I figured I would give it a try to ask.

I just recently installed the COBB AccessPort tune (Stage 1 - 91 Octane) on my stock 2015 Mustang EB (Auto) and wanted to see if there is any need to change my oil any sooner than before I installed the tune.

For the first oil change, I changed the oil to full synthetic Mobil 10w30 at 3,000mi. Before I installed the tune, I was thinking about changing the oil when the oil life indicator was around 35% (right now I am currently at 56% with 8,000mi. on the ODO).

Is there any reason to change the oil any sooner now that I have the tune installed? Also, is changing the oil at 35% too late, regardless of tune or no tune?

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
I think a change to NGK or Denso spark plugs would need to happen sooner than an oil change.

Reactions: jko

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
No reason to change it sooner unless you beat on it daily. I say change the oil at regular intervals. Saves you money for more mods.

Reactions: jko
OP
OP

jko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I think a change to NGK or Denso spark plugs would need to happen sooner than an oil change.
Would you say it is necessary to swap the spark plugs if I do not have any bolt-on mods yet? I am thinking of getting a catback exhaust later on but right now the car is bone stock with only the COBB OTS Stage 1 tune.

OP
OP

jko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
No reason to change it sooner unless you beat on it daily. I say change the oil at regular intervals. Saves you money for more mods.
Much thanks TheWildman!

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)