OP

Stryker Macv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stryker
Vehicle(s)
bmw M2 soon mach 1
Iā€™ve just had it confirmed by Ford Performance and they have confirmed it is in fact 5W-20 WSS-M2C948-B
you can use that and you can also use 5w-30 look on your engine oil filler cap it will say 5w-30 because ford changed to this for mustang

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
Well oil change done yesterday all went well used a jack either side and put stands under chassis rails plenty of room to get to sump.I was careful clicking sump plug open and other than a few drips to wipe up was very easy.Now obviously I've found out under the small hatch door there is no bloody oil filter to get tošŸ˜† so put wheel on full lock and with an extension bar and oil filter socket it came off easy, putting back on took a little while to get the bastard threaded on but got there eventually just needs the knack anyway I didn't torque it with wrench just bit oil on o ring and screwed it down tight so far no leaks anywhere ,filled it up at 9 and half litres ran it for 10 mins let it settle for 15 topped it up to in-between min and max and drove home.Checked this Morning needed a little bit to bring it up to between min and max but all good.
Did my first oil change today on US specification Mach 1. Some thoughts on the procedure.
1. You can control the rate of oil flow by not fully removing the plug once you have released the clips and twisted it counterclockwise.
2. Unfortunately I did not have a 14 flute oil filter socket and it definitely wouldn't come off by hand. I managed to get a small strap wrench on it and with repeated small movements got it loose. Next time I will use the correct socket and the FL500S filter is slightly longer than the FOMOCO black filter the factory installs so it is easier to reach.
3. To get the oil level to the top of the hash mark on the dipstick requires 10.5 quarts.

Last edited:

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
As a word of Warning Ford have now stated not to wipe the new filter seal with oil, as they have been coming undone while the car is in motion!!

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 12.04.28.png

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
As a word of Warning Ford have now stated not to wipe the new filter seal with oil, as they have been coming undone while the car is in motion!!

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 12.04.28.png
I had seen that but having had a 17 GT and having oiled seals on every car I have ever owned feel safer in continuing with that practice. I tighten the filter 3/4 to 1 turn after contact.
Sponsored