Sponsored

Why is everyone buying the replica GT500 rear diffusers instead of OEM?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
This is a good deal since I guess my GT does not even have a close out panel. this pack gives you the close out panel as a bonus since other aftermarket offerings is just the diffuser piece.

Does the close out panel add any benefits or just clean up by just covering the rear area?

Id like to see someone with this and stock exhaust. or some 4" exhaust because the GT500 has 5"? I fear if I put this panel on, it would make my tips appear more tiny over the stock diffuser even I have Borla double walled 4" tips
The close out panel is not visible from behind. It connects with screws to the rear of the diffuser. It’s purpose is to help with Aero Under the vehicle.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The close out panel is not visible from behind. It connects with screws to the rear of the diffuser. It’s purpose is to help with Aero Under the vehicle.

So can this piece hook up with a stock diffuser? the part seems to work with GT350 or GT500 diffusers which are not exact from each other?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So can this piece hook up with a stock diffuser? the part seems to work with GT350 or GT500 diffusers which are not exact from each other?
The gt350 and gt500 diffusers have connections for the close out panel on the rear of the diffusers. The panel can not connect to a stock GT diffuse or replica.

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The gt350 and gt500 diffusers have connections for the close out panel on the rear of the diffusers. The panel can not connect to a stock GT diffuse or replica.
so I take it you have Corsa Extreme 4" black tips currently? hopefully you get it installed and get photos of how it looks in scale and if it lines up fine.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so I take it you have Corsa Extreme 4" black tips currently? hopefully you get it installed and get photos of how it looks in scale and if it lines up fine.
Yes. I will show pics. It lines up fine. Lethal performance has 4in Corsa tips on their gt500 shop car (before they totaled it). Looks the same.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I will show pics. It lines up fine. Lethal performance has 4in Corsa tips on their gt500 shop car (before they totaled it). Looks the same.
So the cut outs are almost same measurement as stock? I assumed they were much larger to fit the larger GT500 tips.

The texture same as stock? I remember GT350 has a more dimpled texture.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
$600 =/= $180

It's plastic bro. Close out doesn't matter. Hell, if anything, it will make the differential hotter on track.
That I thought of myself, however we disagree on the quality.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Do you even need the close out panel when using the OEM Ford GT500 diffuser? I asked Levittown Ford and even they aren't sure if the close out is needed. They sell it as a kit just in case.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the cut outs are almost same measurement as stock? I assumed they were much larger to fit the larger GT500 tips.

The texture same as stock? I remember GT350 has a more dimpled texture.
The exhaust cut outs are slightly larger to fit the 4.5in Mach1 and 5in GT500 tips. But 4in tips are passable. I’m sure Corsa will eventually make bigger tips and I will buy them once they do. In regards to texture it’s the same all around except for right on top of where the exhaust openings are which is the same as the 350 textured diffuser. But since the rest of the Mach1/500 diffuser as stock GT is the same it looks like it matches. Considering the Mach1 does not have textured rocke panel splitters unlike the 350 stock GT splitters match fine since they are the exact same as the Mach1. And the diffuser is made to match both models those being the Mach1 and Gt500. If you look at the pic I posted you can see there’s no texture on the majority of the diffuser and it’s the same color and texture as the rest of the materials on the regular GT.

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 502A SCrew 2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP A10
I’m the first one to do this swap and figure this out that the oem would work. I researched back in October last year on All Data and Repairlink Ford exploded parts pages to find the differences and similarities and get everything I need. I emailed Mike at Levittown and gave him all the part numbers for them to order me the parts. He asked me what I was doing with this order and I told them it was the swap for the gt500 rear on GT car and explained how it would fit. They built this kit they sell off of the part numbers I gave them. Everyone beforehand thought this wouldnt work on regular GT’s since the 500 and the GT has different bumper part numbers. The difference between the two bumpers is that the GT500 does not have parking sonar in the back and the GT does. That is the only difference in the bumpers besides that they’re identical. Leviitown is actually missing a few critical parts on their kit they sell to complete the swap. They forgot to include the part numbers I gave them for the small mud flaps for either side and the hardware for those and missing some of the hardware for the exhaust hanger bracketry.

The aftermarket 500 diffusers people sell are way cheaper made than the OEM ones. They are flimsy when driving and It does not come with any type of reinforcement brackets like the OEM or close out piece for it. The replica ones are fine for all you guys that like to just bolt on BS plastic nonfunctional aero all the way around your car and have the shit flapping on the freeway at 80 Lol. The bottom aero (close out piece) Is actually super functional and its made to diverts air through the vents in the valance for the stock diff cooler for the Gt500 but still has a lot of aero properties without the cooler. The whole complete kit makes the back bumper extremely stout and rigid. Besides some functionallity it definitely is a huge upgrade for the back of the car visually as well.

Check out my IG highlights @djericfobes . I did a bunch of IG stories installing it and I also explain some of the things you can do to save money to retrofit the stock GT impact brace to work with the new valance.
6B799500-3F23-42AD-BA84-653916CA9BDB.jpeg

A2EA3220-4D5E-4492-BAB4-C8AA6FAC307C.jpeg

1EB3FB33-443A-403F-8588-C53F6D57CBFF.jpeg
51C9D6E1-C778-40FA-AE8E-DCE09540EFE9.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Guess I would need some 5" tips to make it look good.

How flimsy would the OEM valance be without the closeout panel?

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Guess I would need some 5" tips to make it look good.

How flimsy would the OEM valance be without the closeout panel?
It will act like a sail in the center section and flex Pretty good at high speeds. The oem support brackets only support the outter sides of the middle section

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I figured it would need it for support.

When looking at the direct part number for the valance, the pictures show tips included. I assume it came with no tips though? Probably just a re-used part picture from a GT350 rear.

V8der

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I figured it would need it for support.

When looking at the direct part number for the valance, the pictures show tips included. I assume it came with no tips though? Probably just a re-used part picture from a GT350 rear.
Yeah that’s just some bs pic they put up. The aftermarket ones do come wit some cheap chrome plastic tips attached that you can keep on or remove

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I don’t get why someone with a GT wants their car to look like a gt350 or a GT 500 but hey. They make all kinds of shit to do it. To each his own. Or her own.
Sponsored