Sponsored

Why is everyone buying the replica GT500 rear diffusers instead of OEM?

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Are the GT500 tips from the factory 5"? Trying to fill the gap once the valance comes in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
So, every part of the ford GT is made by , produced by ,Ford?
Ya, um. cool story,bro.

Even Fords bread and butter vehicles, most of the parts are sub contracted out to other suppliers .
Just like every other oem.
Sub contracted. Really? Tell me what parts are made by other companies that Ford sub contracts to for their pinnacle performance car. It sounds to me like you’re doing a lot of assuming. Either way this is not what the intent of my post was. Just wondered why and posted a link to help others find the oem part which was made by Ford. To compare a $500k car to a mustang is not exactly apples to apples. Ford makes all parts or at least designs all parts to spec for the mustang and any car. Who produces it has solely to do with mass production necessity. That literally means nothing. The parts are still made to perfect spec and are only using materials Ford approves of. Obviously Ford is gonna sub contract to companies that can mass produce parts. Point is an after market branded replica part 10000% isn’t specced to the same precision in regards to quality and fitment as an actual Ford oem part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the GT500 tips from the factory 5"? Trying to fill the gap once the valance comes in.
I believe those tips are actually attached to the muffler unlike the gt350 fake tips. I’m just waiting for Corsa to inevitably make 4.5in or 5in tips for their exhausts and I’ll swap out to those.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Sub contracted. Really? Tell me what parts are made by other companies that Ford sub contracts to for their pinnacle performance car. It sounds to me like you’re doing a lot of assuming. Either way this is not what the intent of my post was. Just wondered why and posted a link to help others find the oem part which was made by Ford. To compare a $500k car to a mustang is not exactly apples to apples. Ford makes all parts or at least designs all parts to spec for the mustang and any car. Who produces it has solely to do with mass production necessity. That literally means nothing. The parts are still made to perfect spec and are only using materials Ford approves of. Obviously Ford is gonna sub contract to companies that can mass produce parts. Point is an after market branded replica part 10000% isn’t specced to the same precision in regards to quality and fitment as an actual Ford oem part.
How about the WHOLE car/body,chassis.
Start there, and get back to me, when you understand Ford does not build , nor make the Ford GT.
A race chassis builder does. Not Ford

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about the WHOLE car/body,chassis.
Start there, and get back to me, when you understand Ford does not build , nor make the Ford GT.
A race chassis builder does. Not Ford
You’re not getting what I’m writing. But you know what bro that’s fine. The convo is over.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
While I agree with general premise of what you're saying (with some of the aftermarket parts being inferior - that is limited to "copies" though because there is lots of decisions on these cars that Ford made due to cost which is why aftermarket suspension parts exist), then "parts are made to perfect spec" made ma laugh out loud. You don't want to know reality of industrial production, it has nothing to do with "perfect". In fact I guarantee that those cars have tons of parts that don't meet Ford drawings but were dispositioned as "ok" to use.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I agree with general premise of what you're saying (with some of the aftermarket parts being inferior - that is limited to "copies" though because there is lots of decisions on these cars that Ford made due to cost which is why aftermarket suspension parts exist), then "parts are made to perfect spec" made ma laugh out loud. You don't want to know reality of industrial production, it has nothing to do with "perfect". In fact I guarantee that those cars have tons of parts that don't meet Ford drawings but were dispositioned as "ok" to use.
It’s possible but the spec Ford gives is definitely perfect. Whether the factory in which they are “sub contractEd” to makes these parts, doesn’t properly make them is another story. For example, the whole rear bumper issue with the 15-17 mustangs and how they pop out often is an issue. But that doesn’t mean Ford didn’t spec it correctly to who ever made it and where ever it was made. Manufacturer quality control of course is a major factor but whether it was designed perfectly to begin with is not the same as the final result being put out there when other part manufacturers are involved. That’s my point.

Last edited:

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
So im thinking about buying this. Can someone post some pictures and explain what the process was to install? and if they felt like it was worth it. I want a diffuser and already have the FP GT500 wing. Thanks
Sponsored