Sponsored

Official MRR Design Flow Forge light weight FS01 info.

OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
wait, im a little confused. :confused:

Why are the 19x10 fronts not as concave as the backs?

For example, look at the mrr gf9 (the wheels that the fs01 are based off of), [MENTION=15394]socalsnake[/MENTION] is running 19x9.5 all around, and he has that concave face. Is this because of offset??

The GF9 has a 19x9.5 that was design to concave but was design for rear fitments, the FS01 was design in wide widths but was also design to fit vehicles like Porsche 911, Ferrari, Lambo, R8. GT-R's high powered vehicles that have HUGE front calipers. so thats why we created different widths with different concave profiles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ha...that's my car!

I was wondering the same thing about the FS01s.

To be honest, when I was looking at online pics the GF9s before I purchased them, they did not look very concave to me at all. I don't think pictures do either the GF9 nor the FS01 any concave justice.

Now when I dropped by Need 4 Speed's office and looked at a sample of the GF9, I was shocked at how concave they looked in real life.

Now, I haven't seen the FS01s in the flesh so I cannot speak to its concavity, but I'm willing to bet that the limited pictures online are not showing the true concavity of the FS01s.

If Need 4 Speed has sample FS01s, I can go look at them in the flesh and maybe take some photos versus my GF6s....or maybe they can just put them side by side. One of my offices is not far from them and its a very short drive to their shop.

Even the picture you posted of my car doesn't do the front wheels justice. They are as concave as the rear but don't appear so because the I'm running OEM 255s up front vs the OEM 275s in the rear. Incresed tire width can diminish OR exaggerate concavity.
Paul at Need 4 Speed has a 19x10 and a 20x12 sample :)

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I will attempt a brazen novice explanation.

When the designer works from "outside in" he starts with the allowed overall width (e.g. fender extents), and then works backwards fitting everything in. Like wheels, suspension, wheel well, steering, engine, etc.

If he wants more room for things other than the wheels, then he can still squeeze in the rotors/calipers by choosing a higher offset, IOW moving the wheel hubs further outboard on the car. For example, a wider engine pushes on the wheel well, which in turn pushes on the strut, which in turned forces the hub outward. To keep the wide wheel from extending past the fender, the spokes have to be designed more "straight up and down" because the hubs are farther apart.

The "penalty" to pay (as we car enthusiasts see it) is the attractive concave nature of the wheels is reduced.

The front has less room than the rear because of all the mechanics of the engine and steering, plus the wheels have to turn, of course. To go to a "square" wheel setup, it all depends on what will fit up front.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
The GF9 has a 19x9.5 that was design to concave but was design for rear fitments, the FS01 was design in wide widths but was also design to fit vehicles like Porsche 911, Ferrari, Lambo, R8. GT-R's high powered vehicles that have HUGE front calipers. so thats why we created different widths with different concave profiles.
So would we have the option of doing a 19x10 front with a concave profile similar to the gf9?

OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So would we have the option of doing a 19x10 front with a concave profile similar to the gf9?
We understand everyone wants a concave wheel and sometimes the most concave possible, on the manufacture side the more the wheel concaves the less room we have on the inside to clear calipers and it also eliminates our off set range. so sometimes even if you find a 20x9.5 that concaves 5 inches deep although it may look good it will not fit on all cars besides a Honda civic caliper size brake system.
thats also the reason you see car's Like a Corvette C7 2015 that runs a 20x12 rear but can not use a concave profile even in the rear, even guys like HRE can not provide a concave wheel for the C7 corvette, similar examples go for other makes like Lambo or Porsche.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What i can start doing is take pictures of each width we have and start setting thing;s up on this thread.
it will take time though, at the end the wheel that you get for your car is what will be required to fit properly and perform with the vehicles structure and performance needs.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mustang's have plenty of room here is what you can easily do front and back.
width wise.

Fronts: 8.5, 9, 9.5, and 10

Rears: 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11 and 12 wide

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
Thx Carlos - is that for the GF9 or FS01 fitments, or just in general? I think the extra width in the back may be what drives my decision to the FS01.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
CarlosMRRDesignWheels

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thx Carlos - is that for the GF9 or FS01 fitments, or just in general? I think the extra width in the back may be what drives my decision to the FS01.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
the widths listed above is just in general,
but yes with the FS01 we have plenty of width options.
that's the beauty of it

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform