Sponsored

Official GT350/R Mustang Owners Registry

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
the 2019 R's have been landing only recently, maybe the past 1-2 months, IIRC. anyway here is one in GA for about $4k over sticker, you can probably work it down: https://www.allanvigilford.net/new-Morrow-2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ6K5551255

here's one in MD for $7k over but again, everything's negotiable: https://www.sheehyfordgaithersburg....sburg-md-9cfa7bbd0a0e0adf72d181191ae4b151.htm

try this one in VA: https://www.tedbritt.com/new-Fairfax-2019-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT350R-1FA6P8JZ0K5551476

this one $5k over: https://www.gatewayfordgreeneville....-Mustang-92ada4470a0e0a6b38d38ab84f983b6c.htm

anyway i could keep on listing what i am seeing at cargurus. but i am seeing many for about $3-5k over.
Very interested in the one in VA. Do you know what they are saying it’s over sticker? Just turned done one for 7K over sticker when they told me it was fully loaded and I find out it doesn’t have the carbon fiber interior in TX.
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested in the one in VA. Do you know what they are saying it’s over sticker? Just turned done one for 7K over sticker when they told me it was fully loaded and I find out it doesn’t have the carbon fiber interior in TX.
give em a call. hear it from the horse's mouth.

have a 19 R in orange fury w the CF at sticker if interested. might be able to get it lower than sticker also but i'd need to confirm that.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
give em a call. hear it from the horse's mouth.

have a 19 R in orange fury w the CF at sticker if interested. might be able to get it lower than sticker also but i'd need to confirm that.
Sounds good, thank you. I’ll let you know.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
I’m in Fresno. What color and trim package are you getting?
It just arrived in Glendale, AZ. Magnetic Gry, blk roof, stripe delete, CF trim, Handling pkg, leather sport seats, electronics pkg. I pick it up Friday.
IMG_3965.jpg

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Kona w/Black club!

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR647, 2015 Roush Stage 1 15.0294.RS1
So a bit of backstory. I've had 9 Mustangs over the years. Foxes, S-197s, and S550s. I currently have a 2015 Ecoboost Race Red Roush as my daily, but I had a 2009 GT/CS show car for nearly 9 years. I did everything imaginable to it. I eventually had so much time, effort, and cash invested in it that I got paranoid about driving it. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. So I made the decision to sell it and snagged this Oxford White 2017 GT350. It's chassis number H0583. Track pack with all the goodies. Now it obviously doesn't look like the standard GT350. In the interest of full disclosure, and because I am an honest person, I wanted an R but I could not find one close to me and after researching the differences between the standard 350 and the R, I decided to convert this one to resemble the R. The only differences are stiffer springs, three additional coolers, and the seats/lack of backseats. Otherwise, it's purely cosmetic. So I changed everything needed to make it resemble the R (everything but the seats...steering wheel, wheels, door sills, dash ID badge, front grille, trunk lid fascia, wing, stripes, etc). I realize I might get some hate over what I've done, but I'm not out there to try and fool anyone by simply posting pictures and claiming it's a real R. Especially not here. It's just that the real Rs are few and far between here in Kansas and the ones I did find were seeking a premium. I wasn't interested in using it for the track, and since that's mainly what the R is for, it was a better decision for me to just make mine look like an R rather than spend the crazy extra moolah just for three coolers, stiffer springs, and uncomfortable seats. With that all being said, here she is. Comments are welcome, good or bad, thanks for looking, and I'm happy to be part of the club! - Mike

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I changed everything needed to make it resemble the R (everything but the seats...steering wheel, wheels, door sills, dash ID badge, front grille, trunk lid fascia, wing, stripes, etc). I realize I might get some hate over what I've done, but I'm not out there to try and fool anyone by simply posting pictures and claiming it's a real R.
You're missing the front splitter and the calipers. It's your car, but the faux R leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I think others are going to feel the same way. The track pack 350 is a great car. There's no reason to disguise it.

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
You're missing the front splitter and the calipers. It's your car, but the faux R leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I think others are going to feel the same way. The track pack 350 is a great car. There's no reason to disguise it.
I hear ya. And I expect that response. As for the splitter and the calipers, the cost vs. functionality is unwarranted, in my opinion. I just like the look of the R better which is the reason I did what I did. And I’m not trying to fool anyone. This is just for for me. I’m a “to each their own” kind of person. Just wanted to share and i know people will be turned off but I’d rather be honest than try and pass it off like other people might.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like I can get OEM calipers and splitter for about $2600. Not bad. Thought it was going to be more than that. Might as well get them to complete the look. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I might get some hate over what I've done, but I'm not out there to try and fool anyone by simply posting pictures and claiming it's a real R. Especially not here.
Trying to please the masses or get collective praise on any social media site is impossible.
Customize the car to how YOU want it, not how "they" want it.... because you can never please "them".
Your pseudo "R" looks nice, and like you said, you're not trying hide the fact that it is a clone.
I see clone 60's muscle cars on Mecum & Barrett Jackson that sell fairly well even though they are advertised as a clone.
We may see 6th gen mustangs turned into GT350's & GT350R's twenty years from now rolling across the auction blocks... selling for less than original, but someone will want it.
Forums and social media are a funny thing... the one that tickles me the most is when someone is searching for approval on what they should do in order to get collective praise. In other words, tell me what I should like so when I do it, you will like it.
(What a view from this Soap Box I'm on...)

Your clone looks great... get the rest of the parts and enjoy the car!

Sponsored

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Trying to please the masses or get collective praise on any social media site is impossible.
Customize the car to how YOU want it, not how "they" want it.... because you can never please "them".
Your pseudo "R" looks nice, and like you said, you're not trying hide the fact that it is a clone.
I see clone 60's muscle cars on Mecum & Barrett Jackson that sell fairly well even though they are advertised as a clone.
We may see 6th gen mustangs turned into GT350's & GT350R's twenty years from now rolling across the auction blocks... selling for less than original, but someone will want it.
Forums and social media are a funny thing... the one that tickles me the most is when someone is searching for approval on what they should do in order to get collective praise. In other words, tell me what I should like so when I do it, you will like it.
(What a view from this Soap Box I'm on...)

Your clone looks great... get the rest of the parts and enjoy the car!
Very well put and thanks for the kind words!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT with Performance Pack
So a bit of backstory. I've had 9 Mustangs over the years. Foxes, S-197s, and S550s. I currently have a 2015 Ecoboost Race Red Roush as my daily, but I had a 2009 GT/CS show car for nearly 9 years. I did everything imaginable to it. I eventually had so much time, effort, and cash invested in it that I got paranoid about driving it. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. So I made the decision to sell it and snagged this Oxford White 2017 GT350. It's chassis number H0583. Track pack with all the goodies. Now it obviously doesn't look like the standard GT350. In the interest of full disclosure, and because I am an honest person, I wanted an R but I could not find one close to me and after researching the differences between the standard 350 and the R, I decided to convert this one to resemble the R. The only differences are stiffer springs, three additional coolers, and the seats/lack of backseats. Otherwise, it's purely cosmetic. So I changed everything needed to make it resemble the R (everything but the seats...steering wheel, wheels, door sills, dash ID badge, front grille, trunk lid fascia, wing, stripes, etc). I realize I might get some hate over what I've done, but I'm not out there to try and fool anyone by simply posting pictures and claiming it's a real R. Especially not here. It's just that the real Rs are few and far between here in Kansas and the ones I did find were seeking a premium. I wasn't interested in using it for the track, and since that's mainly what the R is for, it was a better decision for me to just make mine look like an R rather than spend the crazy extra moolah just for three coolers, stiffer springs, and uncomfortable seats. With that all being said, here she is. Comments are welcome, good or bad, thanks for looking, and I'm happy to be part of the club! - Mike

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg
I really like your car! I don’t see anything wrong with liking the look of an R and mimicking many of its characteristics. It’s not like it says R everywhere or you are advertising it as an R. There are plenty of people who slap AMG or M badges on cars that are not those models. I think that’s totally different then modifying your car to look the way you want.

TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I really like your car! I don’t see anything wrong with liking the look of an R and mimicking many of its characteristics. It’s not like it says R everywhere or you are advertising it as an R. There are plenty of people who slap AMG or M badges on cars that are not those models. I think that’s totally different then modifying your car to look the way you want.
Thanks!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I really like the red steering wheel top-center mark as a visual over the black. I'll admit I wouldn't mind a blue or gray (accent stripe) band on my '19 non R Kona w/back stripe order. Alternately the red theme on the shifter is not to my liking & I will change that. And want to add the Shelby Components fog/turn mod....for functional reasons.

You've got to make it your own especially if its to be driven and not to be a museum piece. Life is short - enjoy these toys while we can still get & drive them.
Sponsored