Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Seems like all these brands are blending more and more into the same cars.
Like I have also pointed out in the past about cars & colors - same old same old colors - black, white, red, silver - you look on the road and its a sea of cars that
all look the same. Ford better not forget how the Mustang got so popular and the fans that made it a winner.
You people are really grasping at straws to hate something. Sick of all the opinionated negativity in this thread. Keep it to yourself.
Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Like I have also pointed out in the past about cars & colors - same old same old colors - black, white, red, silver - you look on the road and its a sea of cars that
all look the same. Ford better not forget how the Mustang got so popular and the fans that made it a winner.
Toyota and Lexus look more like Camaro, dont see Mustang in them

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Which idiot at ford thought doing that to the tail lights was a good idea? He should be fired smh

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Car makers use the colors people buy, simple as that. White has been the most popular color for decades. White, silver, gray and black make up 70% of all car sales followed by red, blue and brown shades. Everything else combined is less than 5%.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
For some reason, when I look at those Toyotas I think snowplow. The designers must have been influenced by a snowplows.

Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
To me, the 2015-17 Mustang looks way more like a Fusion coupe than the 2018 Mustang looks like any of the automobiles you posted.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Which idiot at ford thought doing that to the tail lights was a good idea? He should be fired smh
Some people WANT changes because changes reflect the idea of "new". Newer can be a status thing plus since the human condition generally improves over time, the odds are that newer is better when there is no scientific proof.

Some people want changes because they get bored.

Almost nobody refuses to buy a car because of some change that is functionally irrelevant.

Bottom line: there will always be changes since it will sell more product, even if the original was perfect (whatever perfect means in aesthetics). Sometimes the changes will be liked by a few more people and sometimes it will be disliked by a few more people, but you can absolutely bet that both the original and new taillights tested virtually identical in focus groups.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ford was just lazy, EU Camaro has an absolutely amazing sounding active exhaust here.
Yeah but some german idiots came into idea of banning the VALVES in exhaust by any means last year...works in the whole EU right now...so forget it...

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I for one am glad I waited. The miserable NCAP rating for the 15 made me cancel my order, the potentially lethal shortcomings of the front air bags and the rear seat belts were no joke and Ford UK were offering to refund my deposit. But I suspected the 18 would be a classic, the one to have, so I left my deposit in place.
Seeing that little film, posted by Twin Turbo, I am so glad I have have waited. The 18 in red (with silver wheels, please no black wheels for the UK Ford) looks and sounds in the Ferrari, Aston Martin league. The older car, that I originally ordered, always looked and sounded a bit awkward with it's fist shaped bonnet and it's quiet exhaust, not quite there yet.
:headbonk::crazy::thumbdown::barf::hitcomputer: :bolt:

I wish you that Ford puts the same airbags in 2018 face lift...then you will never buy Mustang which would be very "healthy" to Mustang community...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The 2018 sounds much better than the previous Coyote.

The start sounds good too.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Still waiting on more details regarding the 2018 Mustang GT !! My second choice is a 2018 BMW M2, which has been receiving amazing reviews from ALL the major car magazine reviewers. They say the M2 has brought back M cars from the dead lol.

However, the Mustang is still my #1 choice, but wow after watching so many awesome videos of You Tube regarding the new M2 my decision is swaying ever so slightly.

Ford don't keep us all waiting much longer its June now so lets go !!!!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah but some german idiots came into idea of banning the VALVES in exhaust by any means last year...works in the whole EU right now...so forget it...
No, the valves just have to close around 50km/h for the sound tests. This already is in the EU Camaro as in many other sportscars

There is no excuse why Ford went for laughable 85db for the GT, even my 2.0 TFSI Audi TT comes with 93db. Ford had just no interest in making the current EU Mustang great (See stupid lightning)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Still waiting on more details regarding the 2018 Mustang GT !! My second choice is a 2018 BMW M2, which has been receiving amazing reviews from ALL the major car magazine reviewers. They say the M2 has brought back M cars from the dead lol.

However, the Mustang is still my #1 choice, but wow after watching so many awesome videos of You Tube regarding the new M2 my decision is swaying ever so slightly.

Ford don't keep us all waiting much longer its June now so lets go !!!!
Yes that was my dilemma , M2 or Mustang. The M2 feels a more 'urgent' car where the Mustang can feel a bit more relaxed. I marginally preferred the stick shift in the Mustang, albeit having driven the auto and stick M2 id definitely go for the stick. What swung it for me though was the styling, preferred engine note of the stang and that I've always wanted a Mustang but never had the chance in the UK. If i had to choose between the 18 stang and M2 now, be a difficult one for me with the styling of the 18 being a disappointment but then again the mechanical changes may make it worthwhile. But yes the M2 is a great car.
Sponsored