Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Auto is very irrelevant when such a huge portion of 5.0 cars are manuals.

Look at the piles of stock GT exhaust's laying around on ebay and on this forum that people can't give away. Very few people keep stock exhausts on a 5.0. It's practically a war crime to not unleash the bellowing howl.

Agreed the suspension is great. But the typical 5.0 owner on here is not happy with the 4x4 stance. Even the GT350 gets critiqued for it's ride height. Some want it lower. Some don't. Regardless this car isn't perfection on wheels and still needs modding love.

Personally I love how contrasting it is to the 15-17. I feel like first gen is an analog/stripped down traditional S550. This second gen is a more mechatech refined car. Which is great for those that want it. Also, first gen is more traditional looks. Second gen doesn't look much like any mustang ever produced aside from the fastback and tail lights.
Do you have a split of auto to manual? Like to see that but it's not irrelevant due to the #s and time's its going to put down. Add in the world market and autos are just where everything is going. They are hands down better/faster then manuals now.

Regarding the stock exhaust, with how many Mustangs have been sold, I highly doubt more then 30% modded their exhaust. This now gives the best of both worlds. I also wouldn't use the forums as the metric. Most don't modify their cars ever...even these cars.

I mean the looks are 90% the same. I can guarantee you from the side or back no average buyer would even notice the difference. From the front sure there is a meaner look but look at the split screen video and even when they do that, the differences are not that stark other then the lower grill.

The new stance will be great improvement over the current model.
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I usually gauge if a car looks good by how it looks in the three neutral colors of Black, White, Grey. If it looks good in those colors, then it'll look good in most.
It's hard to base how good a car looks when they show you orange and yellow.
The 15-17s definitely looked good in those 3 neutral colors, but if you were to show me a yellow or orange one back in 2014..i may have thought it was ugly.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Original...

My adjustment to bring hood all the way down to grille...

And then blacked out with some better filling wheels...
I like the hood coming down..pretty slick.

I think you will find a pretty big percentage of people have been waiting for PP in Auto. Those of us who's spouse doesn't do manual, but needs to be able to drive it once in a while, or those with bad knees, etc. are just the top of the list. I will now buy a S550 GT PP Auto!
I just want to know what the new GTPP will feel like. Since the '18 gets pretty much the current PP Suspension, what is the new PP adding and will it make the ride for a DD too stiff, hard.

Sponsored

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Does it say "Shaker" under the toggle switches in the center console?
Yes. It does in the current Premium car as well.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
I like the hood coming down..pretty slick.

I just want to know what the new GTPP will feel like. Since the '18 gets pretty much the current PP Suspension, what is the new PP adding and will it make the ride for a DD too stiff, hard.
Having driven a car with the Magnaride shocks (2G Cadillac CTS-V), I had no complaints about the ride in the softer setting; I suspect the same will be true here.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So wanted to see what the EURO spec might look like without the hood vents. Have to say I like it even better without them.

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
So no more "Ground Speed?" Bah!

Also, has anyone seen the redesigned fob yet? If it is smaller and thinner, I'll almost certainly upgrade my own fobs if they are compatible.

Overall I am feeling lucky I bought when I did. It doesn't look as bad as my first reaction I suppose, but the downturned headlamps and lower grill don't work for me.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
So wanted to see what the EURO spec might look like without the hood vents. Have to say I like it even better without them.
too plain needs a cowl bad or anything rather than the 90s jag hood

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I usually gauge if a car looks good by how it looks in the three neutral colors of Black, White, Grey. If it looks good in those colors, then it'll look good in most.
It's hard to base how good a car looks when they show you orange and yellow.
The 15-17s definitely looked good in those 3 neutral colors, but if you were to show me a yellow or orange one back in 2014..i may have thought it was ugly.
;)
311EA60B-94C3-4411-82D8-4CC2D6B391A7 (1).jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
img_1099.jpg

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
wheels look good...if they make a 10inch wide wheel from factory.. be curious of potential of the new engine design
Sponsored