ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
WOT when one would expect some spark advance from the knock sensor.
Just to update this (winter came back so I couldn't really do anything for a while), I did drive around and do some pulls while I watched the value for spark added/subtracted from knock. I only saw negative values, no positive ones, so the car seems happy. One thing that was interesting to me is just how far into the throttle you have to go to get any sort of knock related adjustments to happen. I suppose that makes sense, but I guess I expected more at part throttle, especially going up hills or something like that. But nope.

Second thing I noticed, and this seems to be verified by some digging I did, but OAR seems to simply not be enabled, at least on these gen 3 coyotes. Why? I have no idea. But I suppose that answers my question as to why it doesn't do anything. The only thing I can think of is that the DI system combined with a relatively conservative base timing map means there's really no need for it, but without asking someone who actually tunes these cars, I'm coming up empty.

If anyone else with an 18+ coyote is curious, check your OAR value and see if it's 0.0. If anyone can provide evidence to the contrary then I'll chase this further, otherwise I'm satisfied at this time.
Sponsored