"OAR lrn"

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
I've discussed this with Adam (MAP) and he explained what the Octane Adjust Ratio is and how the engine responds to octane relative to timing. What I would like to know is how long it takes for the engine to reach -1.00. I just started monitoring the OAR and in 2 miles it went from -.35 to -.38 so it's headed in the right direction. Another friend suggested to make a couple of pulls from 2M to redline.

Thoughts? Experience?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
I've discussed this with Adam (MAP) and he explained what the Octane Adjust Ratio is and how the engine responds to octane relative to timing. What I would like to know is how long it takes for the engine to reach -1.00. I just started monitoring the OAR and in 2 miles it went from -.35 to -.38 so it's headed in the right direction. Another friend suggested to make a couple of pulls from 2M to redline.

Thoughts? Experience?

Thanks...
Hit the freeway, do some 5th gear pulls at very low boost (3 to 5 psi) from 50 to 75mph and it will come down rapidly.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Hit the freeway, do some 5th gear pulls at very low boost (3 to 5 psi) from 50 to 75mph and it will come down rapidly.
That is the correct answer. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
Thanks for the help guys. ;)
Sponsored