Sponsored

NorCal Mustang Roundup Cruise - (Sacramento Delta) - Saturday, May 28th

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang #1869 (Kona)
NorCal Mustang Roundup Cruise Saturday May 28th!!!
https://m.facebook.com/norcalmustangcruises/

ALL YEAR MUSTANGS ARE INVITED TO JOIN IN THIS EVENT!!!

After our successful kick-off cruise up Highway 49 there has been much request for more cruises:)

Our next Monthly cruise will be held on Saturday, May 28th following the Cars & Coffee Event in Folsom (at the Palladio).

We will be leaving C&C in Folsom at 9:30A and proceeding down Highway 50 to Jefferson Blvd. in West Sacramento to gather in the Club Pheasant parking lot. We will then proceed down South River Road to Grand Island Rd., to Hwy 220, to Hwy 160. From there take Hwy 12 over the river then back up Hwy 84. Our ponies will then be corraled onto a ferry for a brief ride across the river. A fun and unique photo op experience! And from there continue up Hwy 84 back to the Club Pheasant parking lot to conclude our cruise.

Before boarding the ferry we will be stopping for lunch at Moore's Riverboat Restaurant around noon.

Those located in the Rocklin/Roseville side of town are welcome to meet up with us at the Wal-Mart at Sierra College/80 near the In & Out Burger at 7a. We will leave at 7:15a to cruise over to the Cars & Coffee in Folsom together.

If you are able to attend please let me know and I'll add to to the roster

Roster:
[MENTION=22678]Kona1869[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8133]ilkhan[/MENTION]
Alan B
Ken
Roxyrific +1
[MENTION=12988]tyseq[/MENTION]
Skylar
Larry (Ruby)
Steve B.
Drew M.
Travis S.
Phil R.
John R.
Travis S.
Junior A.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tyseq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Convertible,Rudy Red, 50yr pckge
Just curious, are you planning on taking Highway 12 into Rio Vista and then heading north on 84?

OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, are you planning on taking Highway 12 into Rio Vista and then heading north on 84?
Yes, that was the plan. I'm still working on refining the route so I'm open to any additional suggestions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
What time are you planning on leaving the show / starting the cruise?
I'm thinking 9:30ish based on previous experiences:)

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I'm thinking 9:30ish based on previous experiences:)
Cool. 10:30 was a bit late.

I dropped an info sheet off with Edgar tonight, he seemed enthusiastic and school is up next week so he should have more time.

I also dropped one off at the house I thought I saw a mustang pull into and haven't seen since. No idea how that one will be received.

There is a red EB off the bike trail I would have dropped one at too, except I only brought the two papers.

Mustang ambassador duties fulfilled.

tyseq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That could be problematic. Heading north on 84 from Rio Vista will require taking the ferry to get to the 84 on Ryer Island. If there are only a few cars on the run, it should be ok. I believe the capacity on that ferry is 8 cars. It runs every 20 minutes, so it may take a while to get everyone across. On the bright side, how cool would a picture of a herd of mustangs on it's deck be.

Here's a link regarding the ferry: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d4/deltaferries/

OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
That could be problematic. Heading north on 84 from Rio Vista will require taking the ferry to get to the 84 on Ryer Island. If there are only a few cars on the run, it should be ok. I believe the capacity on that ferry is 8 cars. It runs every 20 minutes, so it may take a while to get everyone across. On the bright side, how cool would a picture of a herd of mustangs on it's deck be.

Thank you for the heads up:cheers: I haven't drove this route yet, obviously:doh:

At this point we have 6 cars, but I'm guessing we will probably end up with more than 8. It would be a really cool photo though:ford:

Hum....any suggestions on a reroute?? I thought about going further south, but thought it might be a bit too far for some folks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)

Looks like we could cut over earlier at Howards Landing on the 220 and it would put us on the 84 just north of the ferry crossing.

tyseq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like we could cut over earlier at Howards Landing on the 220 and it would put us on the 84 just north of the ferry crossing.
The crossing at Howard's Landing is actually the other ferry listed on the DOT page. The only bridge to and from Ryer's Island is the 84 on the north end of the island.

Personally, I think the ferry crossing adds a little flair to the road trip. I believe this is the only place in California where you can actually do this. Definitely a unique experience, plus some bragging rights over our SoCal brethren. :D

Figure worst case scenario, 40 minutes to get everyone across.

OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
The crossing at Howard's Landing is actually the other ferry listed on the DOT page. The only bridge to and from Ryer's Island is the 84 on the north end of the island.

Personally, I think the ferry crossing adds a little flair to the road trip. I believe this is the only place in California where you can actually do this. Definitely a unique experience, plus some bragging rights over our SoCal brethren. :D

Figure worst case scenario, 40 minutes to get everyone across.
I'll update the post this weekend and see if everyone is okay with the ferry crossing, it does sound cool:headbang:

And your totally right, we would have total bragging rights:clap2:

OP
OP
Kona1869

Kona1869

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Cool. 10:30 was a bit late.

I dropped an info sheet off with Edgar tonight, he seemed enthusiastic and school is up next week so he should have more time.

I also dropped one off at the house I thought I saw a mustang pull into and haven't seen since. No idea how that one will be received.

There is a red EB off the bike trail I would have dropped one at too, except I only brought the two papers.

Mustang ambassador duties fulfilled.
Thanks [MENTION=8133]ilkhan[/MENTION] for helping with herding the ponies:cheers:

So are you down for a ferry crossing??

tyseq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited: