Sponsored

No reverse mirror tilt?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Do the mirror bodies tilt up when parked to save tight garage space for walking around the car?
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
2017 cars already have it. It adds CarPlay and Android Auto to the 2016 cars. I noticed her ( not Siri) voice is different. The display has little changes and that is all I've seen so far. I've only done it to my Stang and a friend's Edge so far.
No,. Android Auto is on version 2.0 for the 2016 cars
If you want I will take a screen picture

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Do the mirror bodies tilt up when parked to save tight garage space for walking around the car?

On the Euro Stang, they auto fold in, we have to push them in and out

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Hmm..

No,. Android Auto is on version 2.0 for the 2016 cars
If you want I will take a screen picture
Just updated a customer's car yesterday using IDS (2.2 not available via PTS except for Lincolns) and the highest it would go was 1.2 (was at 1.0). The only 2016 left on the lot is a GT350 with track pack so I can't compare that. Interesting.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
And some people say that the search function doesn't work.....:confused::shrug::clap2:
It's a no-win situation on this forum: Get beat up for not using Search, or get teased for resurrecting a thread you found by using Search :lol:

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I personally find those mirrors that tilt down incredibly annoying. I wanna make sure I'm not gonna hit the car next to me when reversing, not the damn stall lines. Lots of european cars do that, and mostly its the american luxury cars that have that feature

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
No way to say it without sounding like a troll or old man but seriously..... people need cameras, alarms, tilting mirrors, side scan sonar, OTH radar, to back up a #$%^ing car???

really?
I know right?! It's not like this thing is a Camaro :lol:
I so could not resist

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Slightly tilted!

Use one of the 3 presets - tilt the mirror down and store position 2 or 3. then just press 1 when you're done backing up.
Great tip. I often back in in the last spot and get close to the curb. Setting 1 is for the wife (she's only driven it 4 times) and 2 is for me. Now 3 is rhe same seat setting with the mirrors aimed at the back tires. Great idea. Thanks. :clap2

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You guys are wound too tight… It just helps… geez. It's not like it's a deal-breaker.
Some cars have them, some don't. A simple, "nope. Ford didn't put it on this car," is all that's needed.

A bunch of holier-than-thou BS about what a 'real sports car' should or shouldn't have is just noise.
The way post #1 was phrased was just asking for trouble, so I don't think you're entitled to complain about the responses. You own some of this.

No reverse mirror tilt?
I don't see it in the manual and I am shocked this car doesn't have it.
It comes off as being whine-y over the lack of a luxury feature that others are likely to regard as feature creep or outright clutter.

All that said, I do understand why you'd use a tilted-down mirror, because I (manually) tip the mirrors down in any of my cars in certain situations. "Always down when in reverse without option" might actually be close to a deal-breaker, or at least reason to go on a search-and-insert-a-manual-on/off-switch mission.

I can't understand why anybody would want it tied to gear selection rather than to their individual needs of the moment, knowing that not all backing up will require it 'down'.

Yes, I know you've been advised on the 'settings' thing since the posts I'm quoting. That's the way any mirror tilt that isn't manual control only should work . . . period.

Norm
Sponsored