No DORA’s from Ford anymore?

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
I ordered a new Special Order and dealer said that they don't get DORA’s from Ford anymore. I got only the Preview Order.

Have others had the same response or have you gotten a DORA after 3/2?

Is there some other way to get the order number and dealer code to track the order status in Cotus?
Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I wasn’t told they don’t produce them anymore, but I never could get them to give me one. When I asked, (after I already had a VIN) my sales guy said they didn’t have it yet. So he was either full of crap or didn’t know what a DORA was. My order was already in the system and I had a VIN at that point, so I didn’t press.

OP
OP
mondos

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
I had a VIN
How did you get the VIN? They sent it to you at some point without asking?
The dealer told me that they'll send me the VIN once they have it.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
How did you get the VIN? They sent it to you at some point without asking?
The dealer told me that they'll send me the VIN once they have it.
Did you get a copy of the VOC when you ordered? It has your order number and dealer number on it. You use those to check on COTUS. If your dealer placed the order, and he has allocation, your order will show up. Eventually.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
I think all you get now is the preview. My sales guy (who is on the ball and seems to be the commercial guy so he's used to orders) gave me a copy of the preview when I asked for a DORA. Popped the #s into COTUS and all is good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mondos

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
The Preview Order has Order Code which is Order Number and Sales Code which is Dealer Code as far as I understand.

So, I have the numbers, but my order just does not show up on COTUS (yet). I was told that my car got ordered on 3/6 based on the dealer email.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
The Preview Order has Order Code which is Order Number and Sales Code which is Dealer Code as far as I understand.

So, I have the numbers, but my order just does not show up on COTUS (yet). I was told that my car got ordered on 3/6 based on the dealer email.
Have patience. My car took nearly three month to show up on COTUS. I had about given up hope that my dealer had actually ordered it (or had allocation).
Sponsored