Sponsored

NMRA True Street

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
I've been toying with the idea of running true street when NMRA comes to Atlanta. I don't have a fast car but I think I might have a chance for the 12 index. Plus it'll give me a chance to get a time on an actually prepped track. Anybody else run this before and have thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have, plenty of times.

What questions do you have?

OP
OP
yellowstangatl

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
From looking at the rules you do a 30 mile cruise and then 3 back to back passes, right?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Bowling Green event late last year. It was my 1st True Street experience. It was awful. Rained out 1st day, no passes. 2nd day, rain messed with the timers on the track so all racing was backlogged for awhile. Officials changed the 3 passes to 2 due to time constraints. The back to back runs were 2hrs apart lol. And of course right when we go to start the true street class, someone chucked their drive shaft in a GT500 blowing gear oil everywhere. They push the car back, which knocked the driveshaft out, spilling tranny fluid everywhere. At some point it becomes comical.

Yes, I will do it again.:thumbsup:

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can you run a 10s or 11s class without a cage? Does it vary by track or 12s class only without a cage? I want to run NMRA/NMCA true street at Joliet this year so I'm curious for anyone who knows

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
From my experience with True Street and looking at other people's setup, a cage is very rare to see at those e.t.'s.

Last edited:

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
Can you run a 10s or 11s class without a cage? Does it vary by track or 12s class only without a cage? I want to run NMRA/NMCA true street at Joliet this year so I'm curious for anyone who knows

Cages are required in newer year model cars that are hardtop ('08-up, I believe) under 10secs... 9.99 is the cut off. This is NHRA rules... Not sure if NMRA honors them.

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
They follow the rules of the track they are at whether it's NHRA or IHRA. Typically speaking if you exceed the ET of what your car is legal to they will usually let it slide for first timers. They will pull you aside and possibly have you sign a waiver stating that you will get it updated within the next race or 2. This is what NMCA did in Bradenton this year. I can tell you it does go a long way to be as legal as possible. Meaning if you are in the 11's or quicker get an SFI jacket, driveshaft loop, helmet. If you run 11's wearing a tank top, shorts and no helmet you will more than likely get tossed or another racer will point it out and get you tossed.
Sponsored