Sponsored

nGauge + Lund Boost Box Omega + Analog Input Wiring

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to see if anyone has successfully added a sensor to the ngauge using the analog input harness from Lund for their boost box omega.

Scenario:
- Boost box connection to ngauge takes up all 6 pins on back. By doing this Lund effectively moved wiring of the second analog input to their device.
- Lund sells an analog input harness to wire up a second sensor (vac/boost reference is on analog input 1 - and works phenomenally btw)
- The harness has 3 wires (Red - 5V sensor power, Black - ground, Yellow - 0-5V input)
- From what I've read you can wire up a sensor, however I'm conflicted about the need for a pull-up resistor.
- After reading ngauge and zeitronic manuals (designed to work together), both mention that if you wire up a 2-wire sensor to user input 1 of the zeitronic Zt-2 or to either of the ngauge analog inputs, you need to wire in a 1Kohm resistor. It's documented in both mfg manuals.

Just trying to gather some user input from those that have done it. My intention is to add a 1/8" NPT IAT sensor to the p/s of the whipple lower. I ordered an AEM 30-2014 sensor, have transfer function and this is the last part I'm looking to confirm from real life users.
Sponsored

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I have a fuel pressure sensor wired into my Omega Boost Box which feeds the ngauge through the existing connection as you mentioned. No resistor, no issues. Hope this helps you.

Reactions: Gee
OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, but assume your pressure sensor was 3-wire, correct?

OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ArcaneP2 (partnered with Lund to make the boost box) was nice enough to respond via FB chat and confirm the need to use a pull up resistor (1K ohm, 1/4w) for the AEM 30-2014 air sensor. Assume anyone running a 2-wire resistance sensor would need to do the same.

Red wire (5V) -> 1k ohm resistor -> "sensor input"
Yellow wire (input) -> connect to "sensor input" side of resistor
Black wire (ground) -> sensor ground

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
ArcaneP2 (partnered with Lund to make the boost box) was nice enough to respond via FB chat and confirm the need to use a pull up resistor (1K ohm, 1/4w) for the AEM 30-2014 air sensor. Assume anyone running a 2-wire resistance sensor would need to do the same.

Red wire (5V) -> 1k ohm resistor -> "sensor input"
Yellow wire (input) -> connect to "sensor input" side of resistor
Black wire (ground) -> sensor ground
Was the sensor not a 5v?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Was the sensor not a 5v?
The AEM sensor, (like most automotive 2-wire air/liquid resistance type sensors) is designed to work with 0-5v inputs, but requires the additional pull-up resistor to act as a voltage divider to properly scale the reading of the sensor to 0-5v.

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
The AEM sensor, (like most automotive 2-wire air/liquid resistance type sensors) is designed to work with 0-5v inputs, but requires the additional pull-up resistor to act as a voltage divider to properly scale the reading of the sensor to 0-5v.
oh it was a two wire sensor... I thought it was a 3 wire... I was gonna say I’m pretty sure pull up resistors are only for ground switched components.
Got itđź‘Ť
Sponsored

Reactions: Gee