Sponsored

Next Gen to be debuted this year

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Any idea if Ford intend to bring it to the UK? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't but what do i know

OP
OP

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
Any idea if Ford intend to bring it to the UK? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't but what do i know
I hope it comes but honestly I doubt we will ever get a NA V8 again due to the fleet reg/emissions. I think we might get a hybrid V8, due to the fleet.

• BMW's are now putting the last gen's of V8's with hybrids systems - so due to the fleet emission laws for the UK.
  • Mercedes has killed the V8's
We will only know once they announce it or after the announcement but ford already announced in Australia a few months ago they are getting it, mentioned they would get a V8, everything subject to change - but didn't mention much more from what I recall.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I've read a bit more, not due on the road until 2024, meaning the 7th generation would only have around a 5 year period of sales in the UK. Placing a factory orders in 2029 could be stressful as what happens if its delayed doesn't arrive in time to be registered by the end of that year? In the EU I understand it's 2035 so maybe that will swing Ford to ship it to the UK as I assume many of the regulations for the UK are similar to EU regs?

I just can't see Ford jumping through hoops to meet UK regulations and spending loads of money making adjustments for what is a fairly low volume selling car for them here for a smaller window of sales opportunities than usual.

We will see.
Sponsored