New Vendor for tow hooks, jack pads and rock guards

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Has anyone else had problems with the push pins? When I went to install the front guards, the larger push pin centers could not be pushed in. Tried again without the guards and no problem. Any ideas for a longer pin?

I guess I can buy tape at auto parts stores?
20160825_110719.jpg
20160825_110822.jpg

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
We have plenty of pins, just call us and we can send you what you need. I think the problem you are having is you need to hold the fender liner from the back as to get the pins to set. We have put many on with no problem but in some cases you just need to hold the fender liner closer to the rocker as you put the pins in. PLEASE READ OUR INSTRUCTIONS TO CALL US ANYTIME FOR HELP!!! I can walk you though to get them to set for you. John 858 527 8727

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Great news. I'll try again, and if needed I'll give you a ring. Thanks for the help (again)!

I feel like that difficult kid in class that holds everybody up cause I can't tie my own shoes.:eek: I'm sorry Mr. Skylane - I forgot my helmet again...:D

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Have to say I'm not a fan.

I bought 4 of your expensive magnetic Mustang jack pads a few years ago. The first time I used them, one failed. When I went to lower the car the channel was no longer U shaped but a wide V with one side very flexible under load. I never used them again. Since I didn't use them for a long time after I bought them I didn't feel like fighting over a refund and I sure didn't want a replacement.

Pictures below. It mostly returned to its normal shape with no load on it, but you can see the crack and some slight bending even without load.
WP_20160825_16_59_51_Pro.png
WP_20160825_17_00_35_Pro.jpg

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I've posted in a couple threads on these splash guards, but I now have all 4 of mine successfully installed. I had some pin problems earlier, but I just had to push back on the guards a bit and they worked fine.

One weird thing - one of my rear guard was missing a hole! I shoulda taken a pic, but when I noticed it I was on a roll. Not an issue - I just added the hole.

These look good, and should do a great job on protecting the paint.

Happy camper here!:headbang:

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Jack Pads #1840 or #1830 for the Mustang 6G

Just to clarify, which Jack Pad is recommended for our 2015+ Mustang 6Gs? The 1833 only or will the 1840 work also? Thanks.

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Just to clarify, which Jack Pad is recommended for our 2015+ Mustang 6Gs? The 1833 only or will the 1840 work also? Thanks.
The 1840s are the ones that fit most all cars

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Have to say I'm not a fan.

I bought 4 of your expensive magnetic Mustang jack pads a few years ago. The first time I used them, one failed. When I went to lower the car the channel was no longer U shaped but a wide V with one side very flexible under load. I never used them again. Since I didn't use them for a long time after I bought them I didn't feel like fighting over a refund and I sure didn't want a replacement.

Pictures below. It mostly returned to its normal shape with no load on it, but you can see the crack and some slight bending even without load.
Those are our old jack pads that we do not make anymore, we will give you the Universal at no charge to replace the first gen plastic jack pad. The first ones were no a very high cost at all. Its all we could do for you guys until the red premiums were done and the Universal also for the Mustang. We also put a post on the other mustang that we will replace the plastic jack pads with universal at no charge. you could also call us to do that. there is a phone number on the pad.

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Has anyone else had problems with the push pins? When I went to install the front guards, the larger push pin centers could not be pushed in. Tried again without the guards and no problem. Any ideas for a longer pin?

I guess I can buy tape at auto parts stores?
What is happening is the inner fender liner is not tight to the fender, try and hold with your hand from the back side. We also have smaller push pins that may help you. Our instructions say to call us.

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Here is a look at the new Titanium tow hook and aluminum receiver and tow hook for the GT350 and 550 Mustang. It weighs 3 lbs and the steel receiver and tow hook weighs 6 lbs
JDJ_1781.jpg
Sponsored