NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
If anyone is having problems getting Waze to show up, I found that going in to the Mobile Apps settings and making sure both switches are on, and then going to "Update Mobile Apps" and letting it go through the process of updating helps it to work properly.
Sponsored

16RRGT

Roush Phase 1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT; 85, 69 Camaro, 2000 F350 Dsl Dually
OK... I installed it per instructions at the Owner.Ford.Com site. It told me it was completed and to remove device. But it didn't put that small file on the USB thumb drive that the ford site talked about using to report a successful update. The software version says 18025... but there appears to be no other visual differences that I can see.

When my cell (Android GS8+) is hooked up, mobile apps and voice control are grayed out, but they are normal when the phone is disconnected.

Waze works off the phone when the phone is hooked into the USB port.

I did not do a reset or shut off bluetooth.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
OK... I installed it per instructions at the Owner.Ford.Com site. It told me it was completed and to remove device. But it didn't put that small file on the USB thumb drive that the ford site talked about using to report a successful update. The software version says 18025... but there appears to be no other visual differences that I can see.

When my cell (Android GS8+) is hooked up, mobile apps and voice control are grayed out, but they are normal when the phone is disconnected.

Waze works off the phone when the phone is hooked into the USB port.

I did not do a reset or shut off bluetooth.
Mobile apps settings will be grayed out if your phone is connected via USB and Android Auto is running. You can leave your phone connected and then disable Android Auto. With Android Auto disabled, mobile apps settings will be available. I'm not even sure which Android apps are even using Applink. I have a ton of apps and the only one that shows up is Sygic. All the other ones are being used through Android Auto.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I have a ton of apps and the only one that shows up is Sygic. All the other ones are being used through Android Auto.
Has anyone noted any advantage to using an app outside of Android Auto? I'm pretty satisfied with the way AA reconfigures the interface for Sync 3.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Has anyone noted any advantage to using an app outside of Android Auto? I'm pretty satisfied with the way AA reconfigures the interface for Sync 3.
The only reason I ever use an app outside Android Auto is for Sygic. Google actually blocks third party navigation apps like Apple. I definitely prefer using apps through Android Auto or Carplay.

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Got the latest update the other day and now every time I start the car it keeps informing me it can connect to WiFi and download updates.... But it does connect to my house WiFi as that's how it updates itself.

I looked in the settings but didn't see anything obvious. How do I make it stop?

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Thanks! I'll check that out when I'm in the car tomorrow. I did have auto updates enabled as that's how it updated. I guess they changed the behavior in 3.0.

Sponsored

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Alright boys, sorry to butt in but I got a question that I cannot find the answer scouring the internet.

I have 2015 GT Premium PP that I swapped with a Sync 3 nav system a year or so ago. It is still running on version 2.2. Update via WiFi never works, just say that it was incomplete and to try again at a "convenient" time. Then I decided to try to download the 3.0 update from the Ford website, but that does not do anything. I get to the screen where it says that 3.0 is available, and once I click to start the update, it goes to another page where a white/blue circle appears that keeps spinning and nothing happens.

I even deleted my 2015 out of my owner's page and put on a 2017 with sync 3 and still a no go. Anyone have experienced this? I just don't have the capability to go through 150+ pages of this thread :(

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Alright boys, sorry to butt in but I got a question that I cannot find the answer scouring the internet.

I have 2015 GT Premium PP that I swapped with a Sync 3 nav system a year or so ago. It is still running on version 2.2. Update via WiFi never works, just say that it was incomplete and to try again at a "convenient" time. Then I decided to try to download the 3.0 update from the Ford website, but that does not do anything. I get to the screen where it says that 3.0 is available, and once I click to start the update, it goes to another page where a white/blue circle appears that keeps spinning and nothing happens.

I even deleted my 2015 out of my owner's page and put on a 2017 with sync 3 and still a no go. Anyone have experienced this? I just don't have the capability to go through 150+ pages of this thread :(
since your sync3 was installed after-the-fact, it wont download wifi updates, if 2017 VIN didnt work, try a 2016 ford model, doesnt have to be mustang vin specifically

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
since your sync3 was installed after-the-fact, it wont download wifi updates, if 2017 VIN didnt work, try a 2016 ford model, doesnt have to be mustang vin specifically
Tried that also. Also different browsers. Still a no go. I am assuming that when you press the "Start SYNC Update" it should download the update files to your computer, right?

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
Tried that also. Also different browsers. Still a no go. I am assuming that when you press the "Start SYNC Update" it should download the update files to your computer, right?
I think that webpage is broken. I'm getting the same thing. It didn't do that before. I guess they broke the download when Ford updated their website recently.

Update - Download page isn't working on Win 7 Firefox v59.0.3, but it worked on Win 7 Chrome v66.0.3359.139.

Last edited:

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Which browsers and what operating system? I've noticed it's pretty difficult on MacOS and Windows is the best place to download. I think Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Chrome would be the best browsers to check.

Also fun fact, after I upgraded to Sync 3 3.0 in my 2015 it seems AppLink recognized my vehicle as a Sync 3 Vehicle! My owner page shows the update being completed to v3.0 in mid-April. Not sure how it happened but must've been one of the AppLink apps I tried out (Ford + Alexa, Waze, FordPass and Accuweather are the ones I've used). Anyone else that performs the update on an MFT to SYNC 3 upgrade let me know if you have the same happen to you, I'm even getting diagnostic trouble codes and updated fuel level in FordPass
Sponsored