Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I cannot get the update to even begin for me, how does the folder layout need to look on the USB drive? Ive tried all possible combinations to no avail........
There are screenshots on the Ford site. I think some people are making the mistake of removing all the files from the folder thinking they need to all be added to the USB root individually. You should have the folder with all the files and only one or two files outside of that when you drag it over.

edit: It should look like the left image on post #2861
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Aight, lemme try again... appreciate you two.

EDIT: So I'm on a Mac, and everytime I unzip the file, it gives me a folder, and inside are all those files... I don't get it: https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ
I had the same problem. The Ford site says to use StuffIt Expander which you can get from the app store and that creates the right folder structure. I just did the update and it worked fine. Did a master reset first. Make sure to keep the car running till it does both parts of the update. It pops up a message saying its done sync restarts at least once during the update.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I also still don't have a $ sign... Ford how did you fail at something so simple? My Sync 3 v1 had it not sure why they removed it. Now I have to setup a separate wireless network just for the cars that doesn't have a $ sign in the password.

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
Has anyone tried to download the update from owner.ford.com recently? I am constantly getting the "system internal error" when I click Begin update or Request download.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Salar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone tried to download the update from owner.ford.com recently? I am constantly getting the "system internal error" when I click Begin update or Request download.
I just download it about an hour and halve ago. I tried for about an hour and it finally worked and let me download it. I think their servers are overwhelmed. Gave me an error when uploading the log file but opened a new tab and checked the site and it showed I was up to date. I posted above if you have a Mac make sure to use StuffIt Expander. I installed over v2.2 Build 16280 without issues.

Sponsored

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just download it about an hour and halve ago. I tried for about an hour and it finally worked and let me download it. I think their servers are overwhelmed. Gave me an error when uploading the log file but opened a new tab and checked the site and it showed I was up to date. I posted above if you have a Mac make sure to use StuffIt Expander. I installed over v2.2 Build 16280 without issues.
Thanks, I will keep trying I guess.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I will keep trying I guess.
check first page I updated it with direct links from ford, no need to worry about ford owner site:thumbsup: [MENTION=29871]K'stang[/MENTION]

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
check first page I updated it with direct links from ford, no need to worry about ford owner site:thumbsup: [MENTION=29871]K'stang[/MENTION]
Thanks. Just after I posted the message, I tried again and I was able to download from owner.ford.com itself.

Pendrive is ready. On to updating from Sync 3 v1.0 to v2.2.

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, you have to do a master reset prior to the update.
Id hate to reset all of my settings... is everyone performing the master reset first? I didn't see that as part of the procedure.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It appears cover art doesn't work at all now and when I check my gracenote version there isn't one.

Same with mine. Used un-official upgrade. I also lost ability to use SYNC voice commands and can't listen to text messages using SYNC. AA works, but is useless for my 2TB hard drive of music and I don't want to always have to connect my phone.

Anybody else with this problem? Any solution?

Trying official upgrade today.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Does anyone else prefer Sync 3 w/ Nav over AA?

As someone who uses Sirius radio a lot, I prefer having the Sync3 split home screen with Nav on one half, and the Sirius radio on the other side, both up at the same time.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55

As someone who uses Sirius radio a lot, I prefer having the Sync3 split home screen with Nav on one half, and the Sirius radio on the other side, both up at the same time.
As a non-nav owner I really wish the Apple Maps (or 3rd party nav) could be displayed on the main Sync screen like the OEM Nav in the split screen mode. I am kinda jealous of that. I was hoping there'd be an update for that eventually but it doesn't look like it'll ever happen.

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
Id hate to reset all of my settings... is everyone performing the master reset first? I didn't see that as part of the procedure.
I didn't do master reset when I updated my non-Nav Sync 3.

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special

INSANITY! Haha jk!

Apple actually just updated carplay to have fast app switching using icons on the left which was an improvement, but I do really like the functionality of split screen app windows like showing maps on left and radio on right.

That being said, having used iOS for a decade it's quite nice to have my vehicle entertainment system be a natural extension of my phone.

CarPlay Sync 3 upgrade announcement was actually the reason I jumped early on the '16 mustang instead of waiting another year.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I also still don't have a $ sign... Ford how did you fail at something so simple? My Sync 3 v1 had it not sure why they removed it. Now I have to setup a separate wireless network just for the cars that doesn't have a $ sign in the password.
I'll put my money on some bug that gets triggered by a $ in the key. Rather than fix the bug, they eliminated the dollar sign.

Reminds me of the old joke:

A man who is flush with cash decides to buy himself his first tailored suit and takes himself to a bespoke tailor, where he is carefully measured and picks out a beautiful tweed. A date is set for him to reappear to claim his beautiful new possession, and he presents himself at the assigned date.

When he puts the suit on and looks in the mirror, he protests that one arm is too short, one leg seems to be twisted backwards, and the torso is bent to one side.

The tailor reassures him, saying "just hunch your shoulder, bend to one side, and drag your leg behind you...it will look like the suit fits perfectly!"

The guy does as instructed, and the suit looks pretty good. He pays and leaves.

Dragging himself down the street he hears a guy say to his friend "Look at that poor crippled guy." His friend replies, "Yeah, but doesn't his suit look great"
Sponsored