Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
160. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (Available Late 2016) and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple, Apple CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps, and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc.

161. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Android Auto is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (Available Late 2016). Requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. SYNC does not control Android Auto while in use. Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Android Auto, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.

sidneyvega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sidney
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They probably forgot they had it up there honestly. Their website is somewhat unreliable currently.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
They probably forgot they had it up there honestly. Their website is somewhat unreliable currently.

Exactly. Everytime I have asked a question on their social media forum, it gets deleted within 12 hours. Such a weird glitch to have...

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It may not happen officially from Ford, but OEMRadio already has it and will release it once its determined that Ford isnt going to do so.

good I hope OEMradio gives us the software if ford doesnt..

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
good I hope OEMradio gives us the software if ford doesnt..
I was talking to him yesterday over email and he said the updated APIM was $999. I'm not sure if there are other options as far as upgrading an existing APIM though.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
I was talking to him yesterday over email and he said the updated APIM was $999. I'm not sure if there are other options as far as upgrading an existing APIM though.
holy shit, cheaper to dump a pioneer in the car. pissing me off... 1k for a radio that is shit compared to pioneer just so we can keep the view for the AC on the dash.
and again we're Dec 9th and N_O_T_H_I_N_G.

this is beyond sad.
betcha all the sites everywhere will change on 1/1/17 to "sometime in 2017". ugh

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
So... I've been following this thread for awhile and still nothing. The post about "end of 2016" awhile back had my hopes up a bit, but we're at Dec 9th. No word yet. I feel like many times social media movements are the most noticed. Anyone wanna jump on board with me and see if we can get some sort of official response?

https://twitter.com/kwandrews7/status/807266748651159553

I'm thinking I might start tweeting daily until I hear something. Feel free to tweet your own message, retweet mine, whatever. If you guys post any social posts here I'll try to like / RT them to get extra visibility as well.

As a side note, you can now run android auto stand alone on your phone. It'll at least give you some of the voice features you might be looking for albeit without the nice integration into the car.

Sponsored

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
So... I've been following this thread for awhile and still nothing. The post about "end of 2016" awhile back had my hopes up a bit, but we're at Dec 9th. No word yet. I feel like many times social media movements are the most noticed. Anyone wanna jump on board with me and see if we can get some sort of official response?

https://twitter.com/kwandrews7/status/807266748651159553

I'm thinking I might start tweeting daily until I hear something. Feel free to tweet your own message, retweet mine, whatever. If you guys post any social posts here I'll try to like / RT them to get extra visibility as well.

As a side note, you can now run android auto stand alone on your phone. It'll at least give you some of the voice features you might be looking for albeit without the nice integration into the car.

sadly not the first time its been done, at least 10 people here twitted and Ford keep giving the same answer "end of year"... Plus they keep deleting facebook posts with this question.... waste of time... IMHO

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Yeah, not saying it'll change the world. But twitter posts can't be deleted by Ford, just hoping to get some public attention on it with them also hopefully committing to the end of the year with the end of the year being a very immediate and real date.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, not saying it'll change the world. But twitter posts can't be deleted by Ford, just hoping to get some public attention on it with them also hopefully committing to the end of the year with the end of the year being a very immediate and real date.
They probably mean fiscal year rather than calendar year. ;)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Wooo hoooo!!!

It's Friday. I have nothing else to add. Just that it's Friday.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase