Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
not weird at all, he's just mistaken in what he thinks he's seen
Not sure what I've mistaken seeing but your point makes sense that it's the restraints of safety protocols etc. It would be nice to at least read the message when the vehicle is not moving in case there were multiple prior ones. Ah well, no biggie. :cheers:
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
is there a way to make it not read the name but just give the icon badge notification?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
So there is still no "official" release date yet? I want AA pretty badly as I primarily use google play music and maps, but I don't want to risk ruining my head unit and voiding my warranty on it with an unofficial download. Especially with the system being glitchy as it is already.

Have there been any rumors on whats taking so long?

Something like this seems fairly straight forward, but I have been on their side of the fence in a similar situation albeit for a vastly different product and company. There are a ton of logistics that go into this type of roll out that I don't think the average consumer would ever consider.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So there is still no "official" release date yet? I want AA pretty badly as I primarily use google play music and maps, but I don't want to risk ruining my head unit and voiding my warranty on it with an unofficial download. Especially with the system being glitchy as it is already.

Have there been any rumors on whats taking so long?

Something like this seems fairly straight forward, but I have been on their side of the fence in a similar situation albeit for a vastly different product and company. There are a ton of logistics that go into this type of roll out that I don't think the average consumer would ever consider.
no, there is still no official release, and most likely never will be, if you want it that badly, you'll go ahead do what a massive number of us have done, if you do not want to take the risk, go ahead and wait for Ford, lol just don't hold your breath..........

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
official word from ford is this

SSM 46283 - 2016 Ford And Lincoln MKX - SYNC 3 - Apple CarPlay And Android Auto Upgrade NotCurrently Available
Some owners of 2016 Ford and Lincoln MKX vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 may inquire about upgrading to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This upgrade is not currently available for those vehicles. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are currently available only on vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 v2.0 or later. This upgrade for 2016 Ford and Lincoln MKX vehicles will be available in 2017. The SYNC version can be confirmed via OASIS. Monitor OASIS for future updates.

Sponsored

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
official word from ford is this

SSM 46283 - 2016 Ford And Lincoln MKX - SYNC 3 - Apple CarPlay And Android Auto Upgrade NotCurrently Available
Some owners of 2016 Ford and Lincoln MKX vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 may inquire about upgrading to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This upgrade is not currently available for those vehicles. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are currently available only on vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 v2.0 or later. This upgrade for 2016 Ford and Lincoln MKX vehicles will be available in 2017. The SYNC version can be confirmed via OASIS. Monitor OASIS for future updates.
So much for 'available in late 2016'!

steve16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just wanted to say thank you to all who are keeping this thread updated. I just bought my car 2 weeks ago and installed this upgrade yesterday. Everything works as expected and I appreciate all that is done. Thank you

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just wanted to say thank you to all who are keeping this thread updated. I just bought my car 2 weeks ago and installed this upgrade yesterday. Everything works as expected and I appreciate all that is done. Thank you
so your screen didnt burst into flames? and a team of Ford techs in white lab coats didn't show up to scold you and void your entire warranty? :lol:

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
so your screen didnt burst into flames? and a team of Ford techs in white lab coats didn't show up to scold you and void your entire warranty? :lol:
they got dwayne johnson do that part now:lol:

dwayne-johnson-760x506.jpg

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^ lmao well played!

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang Masters Chinese: Ford SYNC 3 Now Features Chinese Handwriting Recognition

• Mustang, the top-selling sports coupe globally and in China, can now recognize Chinese handwriting through Ford SYNC 3 in-car entertainment, connectivity and navigation system.
  • Based on consumer feedback, Ford engineers developed the feature to help Chinese drivers get to their destination faster and more intuitively.

SHANGHAI, Mar. 9, 2017 – Engineers from Ford’s Research and Engineering Center in Nanjing have helped Mustang – China’s top-selling sports coupe – master the ancient art of the country’s traditional handwriting system.

With SYNC 3, Ford’s next generation in-car media and navigation system, Mustang can understand handwritten Chinese characters inputted with a swipe of the finger. With enhanced voice recognition technology, SYNC 3 also recognizes voice commands in Mandarin Chinese providing drivers with a seamless connectivity experience, from selecting music to searching for a destination.

Article: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...features-chinese-handwriting-recognition.html

Sync-3-CN-Writing.gif

[ame]

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Mustang Masters Chinese: Ford SYNC 3 Now Features Chinese Handwriting Recognition

• Mustang, the top-selling sports coupe globally and in China, can now recognize Chinese handwriting through Ford SYNC 3 in-car entertainment, connectivity and navigation system.
  • Based on consumer feedback, Ford engineers developed the feature to help Chinese drivers get to their destination faster and more intuitively.

SHANGHAI, Mar. 9, 2017 – Engineers from Ford’s Research and Engineering Center in Nanjing have helped Mustang – China’s top-selling sports coupe – master the ancient art of the country’s traditional handwriting system.

With SYNC 3, Ford’s next generation in-car media and navigation system, Mustang can understand handwritten Chinese characters inputted with a swipe of the finger. With enhanced voice recognition technology, SYNC 3 also recognizes voice commands in Mandarin Chinese providing drivers with a seamless connectivity experience, from selecting music to searching for a destination.

Article: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...features-chinese-handwriting-recognition.html

Sync-3-CN-Writing.gif

yet they cant figure out how to release an update lol

Last edited:

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I updated the unit in my 16 F150 version 1.0 with the latest Nav version that was suppose to work and it updated fine but it must of erased the maps because it will not show what nav version anymore and on the home screen it just shows loading maps with no result. I was going to update my mustang but glad I chose the truck first as it still has a warranty.

amhauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I updated the unit in my 16 F150 version 1.0 with the latest Nav version that was suppose to work and it updated fine but it must of erased the maps because it will not show what nav version anymore and on the home screen it just shows loading maps with no result. I was going to update my mustang but glad I chose the truck first as it still has a warranty.
Never mind. It works fine. Took 45 min for the nav maps to load. Only issue now is it doesn't recognize the apple car play. I'm guessing my truck needs a new usb hub. I'll have to research more on the F150 forum. Now time to update the Mustang.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Never mind. It works fine. Took 45 min for the nav maps to load. Only issue now is it doesn't recognize the apple car play. I'm guessing my truck needs a new usb hub. I'll have to research more on the F150 forum. Now time to update the Mustang.
If it is a 16, yes. The f150 will need the 2-port hub.
Sponsored