Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

webelevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Ingot Silver,Recaros, 20in Foundr
I know this is not the Focus forum but you guys are supplying the best info:) I did the update in my 2016 GT and AA works without issue. I did the update in my son's Focus ST with Nav and installed the USB port. Syns is version 2.2 and I see AA there also. However, we can't get CarPlay to work. After connecting the USB and going into CarPlay on his phone, we get the message 'locating vehicle' or something like that. When we press and hold the Sync button on the steering wheel, we will see Siri displayed at the top of the Sync screen in the car and get the Siri voice (I don't remember whet it says) however we never get to CarPlay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is not the Focus forum but you guys are supplying the best info:) I did the update in my 2016 GT and AA works without issue. I did the update in my son's Focus ST with Nav and installed the USB port. Syns is version 2.2 and I see AA there also. However, we can't get CarPlay to work. After connecting the USB and going into CarPlay on his phone, we get the message 'locating vehicle' or something like that. When we press and hold the Sync button on the steering wheel, we will see Siri displayed at the top of the Sync screen in the car and get the Siri voice (I don't remember whet it says) however we never get to CarPlay. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
[MENTION=24898]webelevy[/MENTION] carplay needs a hub upgrade, AA doesnt, follow up on the first page, I posted the required part number and some links to purchase online

TwoStangOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Negative on that, Ford Performance began to appear on every 2017 model SYNC 3 systems from factory, but with that comes a more refined, sharper HD splash screen, here are some other intro screens after 2.2 update:
Are there any updates to the splash screens on the other models, such as the Ecoboost? If not, is there a generic (non-GT 350, etc) "Ford Performance" splash screen it can be changed to?

webelevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Ingot Silver,Recaros, 20in Foundr
Hizlibullet, Thanks for the response. As stated in my original post, I have upgraded the USB hub with the one in the first post of this thread. Any other suggestions?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
driving with one arm in a sling...so broke down and gonna try car play

thanks for the info guys!

edit: trying again, white bear lake is backordered

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any updates to the splash screens on the other models, such as the Ecoboost? If not, is there a generic (non-GT 350, etc) "Ford Performance" splash screen it can be changed to?
Not on the mustang line. Focus ST, Fiesta ST, GT350, so only performance related line-ups get the new ford performance splash screen. You cant take out the ford performance aspect of it but you can change it to other splash screens through a module called OBDLink, not through sync3, but externally.

Hizlibullet, Thanks for the response. As stated in my original post, I have upgraded the USB hub with the one in the first post of this thread. Any other suggestions?
So your AA works on both 2016 Mustang and Focus ST, but CP only worked on mustang, so you bought 2 of the same modules to fit 2 different cars? (from first page?) the part number on first page is for mustangs, could it be that?

F51GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Getting Frustrated

I have now tried may times to update sync3 from v1.0 to v2.2. I get the exact same message every time "Installation Has Run Out of Space......blah, blah, blah."

I have:
*Searched the thread for solutions prior to posting
*Read AND followed the instructions, watched the videos, so on and so forth
*ONLY used the two step update files for my non-nav GT (step 1 - 462bytes / step 2 - 262bytes)
*Tried both the mirror and the 'ford' files
*Sourced the files from several different links from multiple sites / forums
*Formatted my usb to both exfat and fat32
*Used both apple and pc computers to format usb and unzip / move files to usb
*Tried both usb ports
*Tried with the car running, with the car off, with bluetooth off (and of course always without anything else plugged into one of the ports)

WTF am I not doing right? I have seen several people have the same issue that seems to always be caused from using the wrong install (one step / NAV). I haven't seen a post where someone has had this issue using the correct update. Can anyone please enlighten me on a potential solution?

Thank you :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

TwoStangOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I really like the look of the honeycomb/Ford Performance splash screen...but I feel like an impostor when the GT350 emblem shows up.....lol

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I have now tried may times to update sync3 from v1.0 to v2.2. I get the exact same message every time "Installation Has Run Out of Space......blah, blah, blah."

I have:
*ONLY used the two step update files for my non-nav GT (step 1 - 462bytes / step 2 - 262bytes)
*Tried both usb ports
*Tried with the car running, with the car off, with bluetooth off (and of course always without anything else plugged into one of the ports)

WTF am I not doing right? I have seen several people have the same issue that seems to always be caused from using the wrong install (one step / NAV). I haven't seen a post where someone has had this issue using the correct update. Can anyone please enlighten me on a potential solution?

It'll take a while, but have you tried editing the .lst file to only install one tarball at a time?

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ok this is a ton of info to read through but I saw on a couple posts about this working on a Premium model w/nav 2015? Is that correct? Obviously I need to download the 2 files and install them and then just change the hub port that's on page 1 and I should be good to go?

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Ok this is a ton of info to read through but I saw on a couple posts about this working on a Premium model w/nav 2015? Is that correct? Obviously I need to download the 2 files and install them and then just change the hub port that's on page 1 and I should be good to go?
No.

2015's did not come with SYNC 3. This update is only for 2016s with SYNC3.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That's what I read on the first page but then read through some pages about how people with 2015's did it but maybe I'm mistaken.
There were a couple of folks who upgraded their 15s to SYNC3, but that involves completely different hardware and isn't cheap. Then, the wiring is still different and you have to splice the new USB module into the '15 harness for CarPlay.

The '16s that came with SYNC3 are what this upgrade is for, just like it is stated on the first post. 2015's did not have SYNC3 available, and 2017's came from the factory with AA/CP.

Late 2016 builds did already have SYNC3 v2.0 and AA, but a new USB module is still required for CP.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For a non-nav car you should be doing your update in two parts. I don't know why you have that many files. Your first SyncMyRide directory should look like this:

33azzpz.png

Second SyncMyRide directory:

2m4370o.png

I have:
*Tried both usb ports

Do your directories look like these before you start?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone confirm if buying that USB hubs also makes Android phones work in the USB port next to the "Shaker" symbol? I don't want to have to keep using the center console USB.
Sponsored