Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

xmolanlabex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6sp - Shadow Black
Hello, mustang newb here...

Having issues with Sync3 system lag and freezing. This is happening every day, to the point where I need to reset the system a couple of times per trip just to have the display operational for navigation/hvac, huge lag with the handsfree system - it takes over 30 seconds for the sync voice chime to sound, and another 30-45 seconds for it to even attempt to register a command. Bought the car last Thursday, and I notice the system software was on V 1.0. I've updated to the latest sync software provided by Ford, still having issues.

IFMbAjz.jpg

I just bought the car, and it's under a CPO warranty. One of the reasons I chose the car is because Sync 3 works flawlessly on my Cousin's F250 and my Sister's Fusion. I know the system is not operating normally - the tech inside of me wants to blame the storage media for the OS.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this, and if so - how did you resolve it?
Sponsored

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hello, mustang newb here...

Having issues with Sync3 system lag and freezing. This is happening every day, to the point where I need to reset the system a couple of times per trip just to have the display operational for navigation/hvac, huge lag with the handsfree system - it takes over 30 seconds for the sync voice chime to sound, and another 30-45 seconds for it to even attempt to register a command. Bought the car last Thursday, and I notice the system software was on V 1.0. I've updated to the latest sync software provided by Ford, still having issues.

IFMbAjz.jpg

I just bought the car, and it's under a CPO warranty. One of the reasons I chose the car is because Sync 3 works flawlessly on my Cousin's F250 and my Sister's Fusion. I know the system is not operating normally - the tech inside of me wants to blame the storage media for the OS.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this, and if so - how did you resolve it?
Are you on the official latest firmware from fords website or the unofficial files here?

That doesn’t look good and have never seen that on my own. My unit was on 1.0 when I got it off a salvage and ran perfectly. I’d think it may be an issue with the unit itself. Try and do a full master reset and see if that helps any. If not, maybe going into the dealer may be best to see what the issue is.

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Can someone confirm the proper upgrade file is JR3T-14G381-AL for Mustangs?

I've installed the above update. Its rebooted. Given me a message that the update is complete - but the version # remains the same as before when I first upgraded to Sync 3 with android car support.
Is it still showing the old version number after shutting off the car and opening the door? You should have to turn off the car for about 5 minutes as it’s still processing shortly after the upgrade.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Spartanator
I just tried to downgrade per your link, nothing. I'm doing the non-nav version on a 3.0 USB stick.
I don't even get the light on the stick after I plug it in, I'm wondering if the USB port stopped working.
All the previous upgrades went great.

xmolanlabex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6sp - Shadow Black
Are you on the official latest firmware from fords website or the unofficial files here?

That doesn’t look good and have never seen that on my own. My unit was on 1.0 when I got it off a salvage and ran perfectly. I’d think it may be an issue with the unit itself. Try and do a full master reset and see if that helps any. If not, maybe going into the dealer may be best to see what the issue is.
That is my next step - it is very strange. The software is the official Ford build I downloaded from the Ford owner page.

Sponsored

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Spartanator
I just tried to downgrade per your link, nothing. I'm doing the non-nav version on a 3.0 USB stick.
I don't even get the light on the stick after I plug it in, I'm wondering if the USB port stopped working.
All the previous upgrades went great.
Not sure, I have nav so the post I referenced worked for me on the 2nd time.

I have nav, looks like the 2.2 downgrade worked. Just installed the latest Official version as well. The upgrade and downgrade took a while, Ilet the car sit overnight after the downgrade. Tried the latest official update and it worked, was VERY slow but it worked. I had the seat and icon color issue but after a restart it came back to my GT theme.

All is well (besides the frame pulls) for the next owner now. Sad to see my car go bye bye but I have my 14 RS3 to play with now.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Anyone else think Waze at night, even with dimming turned all the way down on both the display and the dashboard WAY too bright?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else think Waze at night, even with dimming turned all the way down on both the display and the dashboard WAY too bright?
i dont like waze as much i used to, it randomly misses my drives when i did do them

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I noticed that when I touch the dash light dimmer the Waze display dims to an appropriate level. I'm not sure why it defaults to full bright.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I have been running build 18093 for the past few days, and am finding it to be brilliant with Android Auto - it certainly seems to respond faster and Android Auto runs really well, starts quicker and I haven't needed to unplug/replug the phone in to correct where Android Auto hasn't launched properly - which I was having to doing regularly with 18025.

This is the build they should have made the public release instead of 18025 for sure!

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I have been running build 18093 for the past few days, and am finding it to be brilliant with Android Auto - it certainly seems to respond faster and Android Auto runs really well, starts quicker and I haven't needed to unplug/replug the phone in to correct where Android Auto hasn't launched properly - which I was having to doing regularly with 18025.

This is the build they should have made the public release instead of 18025 for sure!
Where did you get 18093?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
new iPhone waze update that says:

"driving a ford or lincoln? plug in your phone and drive with waze on your in-car display (sync 3 version 3.0 required)"

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I don't have any major problems on 18025 but I too wonder how 18093 is available. owner.ford indicates my SYNC is up-to-date with 18025...

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium