New stang joining and AUS EU tail light sequencer mod

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Hi all, just joined this forum. I got my Mustang for about 2 weeks. Waited 17 months for it!

A few photos, (ignore the carsales watermark, just more convenient to link them.)
cp4615261733565384446.jpg

cp4635820285559889100.jpg

cp5215213138109155703.jpg
cp5443623620477926036.jpg

Mustang is great, but Ford Australia absolutely sucks (dealer included) because:

1. No DTRL (you dunt call stupid fluorescent light bulbs DTRL, almost false adverstising)
2. No tail light sequence indicator
3. Wrong bonnet
4. No sync 3 despite being a 2016 model
5. Absolutely no options (silver RIM more expensive? should be reverse, the stripe is dumb too, 500 for that shit...no). Interior styling options, leather, dash trim, performance pack, to mention a few that is not available here.

So people like me (perfectionist + OCD) will have to fix them!

So day 2 when I got my car, i took out the inside trim and gave it a vinyl wrap. Day 3, I installed a 3-inch Corsa sports cat-back exhaust (cost me 3k+). Day 4, GT350 stripes, Day 5, paint protection, window trim, Day 6, tail-light sequencer and I am planning to restore the DRLs (will need help with this soon, any suggestions, I'm in melbourne)

As by popular request, here is a video on how the sequencer operates in different conditions:

[ame]

Here is an earlier video review:

[ame]

Read the description fields of the video. Apologies for the voice quality of the video.

Just realized I was breaking forum rules by posting my eBay links here.
Please PM me if you are interested in the sequencer or speaker covers.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Full dash trim, and door trim to follow

attachment.png
IMG_8902.PNG

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Wow, all that work and you want to sell it for $82K?

Tell us more what about the speaker replacements and how much better does it sound.

Ford AU hasn't been an angel but what has gotten up your nose about them?

Which bonnet did they fit on your beast, it is from a Mustang yeah?

Build month will determine if yours has the sync 3. Which month was it?

Sound like you are an unhappy camper. Why did you take delivery of the vehicle in the first place, you could have knocked it back.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Hi all, just joined this forum. I got my Mustang for about 2 weeks. Waited 17 months for it!

A few photos, (ignore the carsales watermark, just more convenient to link them.)
cp4615261733565384446.jpg

cp4635820285559889100.jpg

cp5215213138109155703.jpg
cp5443623620477926036.jpg

Mustang is great, but Ford Australia absolutely sucks (dealer included) because:

1. No DTRL (you dunt call stupid fluorescent light bulbs DTRL, almost false adverstising)
2. No tail light sequence indicator
3. Wrong bonnet
4. No sync 3 despite being a 2016 model
5. Absolutely no options (silver RIM more expensive? should be reverse, the stripe is dumb too, 500 for that shit...no). Interior styling options, leather, dash trim, performance pack, to mention a few that is not available here.

So people like me (perfectionist + OCD) will have to fix them!

So day 2 when I got my car, i took out the inside trim and gave it a vinyl wrap. Day 3, I installed a 3-inch Corsa sports cat-back exhaust (cost me 3k+). Day 4, GT350 stripes, Day 5, paint protection, window trim, Day 6, tail-light sequencer and I am planning to restore the DRLs (will need help with this soon, any suggestions, I'm in melbourne)

Here is a video I made about the sequencer. Just want to share good stuff

Welcome any comments! Apologies for the voice quality of the video.
Good luck selling at that price.

Sync 3 is MY 2017

Conplain to the S550 design team and those that come up with ADRs about sequencing tail lights.

If you're messing with the tail lights and have made changes, good luck if you're involved in an accident too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I am just checking what sort of reply I am getting lols. Dw about the selling price, these babies have special meaning to the owners i guess.

Hopefully i'll receive some more positive more welcoming replies.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
I'm very happy with mine as it is. Prior to this model you had to pay over $100K to get a Mustang over here and get a RHD conversion so $63K is a bargain for what you get.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I am just checking what sort of reply I am getting lols. Dw about the selling price, these babies have special meaning to the owners i guess.

Hopefully i'll receive some more positive more welcoming replies.
I've seen your car around the CBD, it looks and sounds great. You have also gone for the best colour. Shame you didn't know of the forum before you bought the exhaust. I could've helped you save some money.

Will be great to see you at the meets coming up and I agree with you about all the changes. It is disappointing at best

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I like the dash - is that wrap or real carbon fibre? Either way it looks good. I was looking for an engine turned wrap to make it look like the US spec. BTW welcome.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Love those speakers/covers?? Need those asap. What are they

Sponsored
OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Hey man , what r those speaker cover things ???
Do you like them? After market covers made for premium model of S550. I experimentally imported them.

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I've seen your car around the CBD, it looks and sounds great. You have also gone for the best colour. Shame you didn't know of the forum before you bought the exhaust. I could've helped you save some money.

Will be great to see you at the meets coming up and I agree with you about all the changes. It is disappointing at best
Great minds think alike!

Do you know who in VIC can help me with the DRL installation? I saw a few posts, but it takes too long to read through them and track down the contacts. Do you have a number to call?

btw, i really wanted to show up to next car meet, but...i am travelling 80% time around the world. Going off to Africa next week, so gonna have to miss the next meet.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Do you like them? After market covers made for premium model of S550. I experimentally imported them.
Yes they are good - any links to get them?

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are good - any links to get them?
You wont be able to find them on any websites. They are actually not cheap, made of sort of metal on plastic, cost is about 200AUD. I think many people could be put off by this.

So far the best feedback is the on the covers....no one seem to be interested in the sequencer :frusty:
Sponsored