I can't stand the Ranger at all. Never did like them, never will either. LOL
Silverado all the way.
Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
So many great responses! Thanks to all of you.

1. @IceAge Chevy gas milage quest. Dealer and research shows 15 & 18 mpg. Ymmv, but that's a huge difference.

2. @Mikepol2 and @P4mnceblue82 the back seat room is a concern with the Ranger, but not huge. The Chevy is a dang fine looking truck.

3. @bluebeastsrt love the look! I relly like the Ranger, the Gladiator seems like a lot of fun though.

4. @Rapid Red I'm on the Gladiator forum checking things out. Soooo much to learn if we go that way.

I'm just not a fan of the Ram. Not sure why, just not my jam. Wait, ram jam, Whoa Black Betty!

Going to drive a Ranger tomorrow. That should sum things up. Ford and Chevy lots are looking slim, Jeep dealer had over a dozen Galdiators.
Make sure u slide the ranger into sport mode. Much better throttle response and shift pattern. Esp if you are in a hilly state like me. If its flat prob not as big of a deal.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Also fwiw... I had a Silverado in gas and diesel trim.. diesel I traded on the raptor. If I was going gas then 6.2 or nothing. 5.3 is underpowered if u live in mountains or hilly area and it never seems to find the right gear. 6.2 solves that issue. I enjoyed the diesel. Just got an offer I couldn't refuse for raptor.

Again if ur in a flat state then my opinion is of no concern for u...lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Make sure u slide the ranger into sport mode. Much better throttle response and shift pattern. Esp if you are in a hilly state like me. If its flat prob not as big of a deal.
Kansas, so not quite as flat as a pancake, but close. Going to look at one at lunch time tomorrow. I really dig the new Ranger, esp with the level kit. But for the money, the Gladiator is in the lead.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Kansas, so not quite as flat as a pancake, but close. Going to look at one at lunch time tomorrow. I really dig the new Ranger, esp with the level kit. But for the money, the Gladiator is in the lead.
Ahh you'll be good in Kansas. Curious to see what you think after driving them! I drove all the midsized trucks when making the switch. For me comfort was a top priority as well as overall power and ability pull the hills in WV without having to floor it to maintain speed. Esp on interstate.

For me Tacoma was last as it was dreadfully uncomfortable and very much underpowered.

Chevy/GMC rode well. Seat comfort was ok but not great. Power was also so so.

Gladiator seats were a little more comfortable but ride not so much. Esp on rough/broken pavement. Power was a little better than others but still not great. And I wasn't a fan of its highway driving. Shame cuz I really loved the idea of pulling top and doors off on a nice day!

Surprisingly 2nd place for me was the Honda Ridgeline. It really rode great, super comfy, lots of cool features like the waterproof lockable trunk in the bed. Power was ok but the gearing made it feel more powerful than it was. Just hated that tire selection was very mild and limited. No decent real all terrain truck tires available.

The Ranger was also very comfy. Power is excellent. Ride quality is good but a little sloppy on rough, rutted, uneven terrain. But overall it had the most pluses and least minuses after my extensive test drives of all brands.

But everyone's needs, opinions, butts, backs, and driving styles are different. Try em all and a clear favorite will emerge! Happy shopping!

Sponsored

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Ahh you'll be good in Kansas. Curious to see what you think after driving them! I drove all the midsized trucks when making the switch. For me comfort was a top priority as well as overall power and ability pull the hills in WV without having to floor it to maintain speed. Esp on interstate.

For me Tacoma was last as it was dreadfully uncomfortable and very much underpowered.

Chevy/GMC rode well. Seat comfort was ok but not great. Power was also so so.

Gladiator seats were a little more comfortable but ride not so much. Esp on rough/broken pavement. Power was a little better than others but still not great. And I wasn't a fan of its highway driving. Shame cuz I really loved the idea of pulling top and doors off on a nice day!

Surprisingly 2nd place for me was the Honda Ridgeline. It really rode great, super comfy, lots of cool features like the waterproof lockable trunk in the bed. Power was ok but the gearing made it feel more powerful than it was. Just hated that tire selection was very mild and limited. No decent real all terrain truck tires available.

The Ranger was also very comfy. Power is excellent. Ride quality is good but a little sloppy on rough, rutted, uneven terrain. But overall it had the most pluses and least minuses after my extensive test drives of all brands.

But everyone's needs, opinions, butts, backs, and driving styles are different. Try em all and a clear favorite will emerge! Happy shopping!
I didn't drive the Colorado. Not sure why? I think I just like the Trail Boss, and that was going to be foray into the Chevys.

Not a fan at all of the Honda.

I really like the Ranger. My son had a '99 that we did a lot with/to. That truck took some serious abuse. The Jeep, while not the most attractive ride, just seems like a lot of fun. Our plan was to trade the wife's Cherokee on a Bronco, but now that I need a new ride, we might skip the Bronco if we get the Gladiator. Or not. Both could be fun as well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That’s interesting. Going in I really wanted the Jeep. It wasn’t as comfortable on road. But was the most capable off road. (I don’t take my trucks off road. I just like to know they can go there.):crazy:But the cost compared to the Ranger is what swayed me. Here in Jersey the delta between the two was about 6 or 7 grand. I couldn’t get anyone to come off the price of the gladiator. And the Ford dealership’s opening offer was 500 below invoice. This was April pandemic pricing last year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
That’s interesting. Going in I really wanted the Jeep. It wasn’t as comfortable on road. But was the most capable off road. (I don’t take my trucks off road. I just like to know they can go there.):crazy:But the cost compared to the Ranger is what swayed me. Here in Jersey the delta between the two was about 6 or 7 grand. I couldn’t get anyone to come off the price of the gladiator. And the Ford dealership’s opening offer was 500 below invoice. This was April pandemic pricing.
Price difference here is only a couple of grand for as similar trum as you get. New Ranger Lariat I'm going to look at today is $45.9K. Insane for a Ranger imo.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Price difference here is only a couple of grand for as similar trum as you get. New Ranger Lariat I'm going to look at today is $45.9K. Insane for a Ranger imo.
I also got a ranger lariat. Sticker was 45+. I got out the door around 41.5. So you should have room to work if the dealer wants to play ball. But with today's new truck shortage that can be a challenge.

OP
OP
samd1351

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I also got a ranger lariat. Sticker was 45+. I got out the door around 41.5. So you should have room to work if the dealer wants to play ball. But with today's new truck shortage that can be a challenge.
That's a pretty good deal. Two dealerships yesterday, no Rangers.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
That's a pretty good deal. Two dealerships yesterday, no Rangers.
I leased mine. So I missed out on some of the rebates. So there prob is more money to be had. And yes, Rangers are very thin on the lots at the moment! Guess availability comes into play with what you end up purchasing as well.

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
How about a Toyota tundra?

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
Gas hog and sure great truck but I am not embellishing on my Silverado conservative numbers you can see.
9BC37D3C-2FDF-4133-BB64-51C3F7109C66.jpeg
That Toyota "could" last 2x the silverado and make up for its gas mileage. There is also the tacoma, which might be a little better in gas mileage.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That Toyota "could" last 2x the silverado and make up for its gas mileage.
That’s not really a selling point to most people. Doesn’t really matter how long it lasts. most people want a new vehicle every3-5 years. And any modern truck should last 150-200k miles now no problem.
Sponsored

Last edited: