OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for the 2018+ owners. I was finally in the market to upgrade my current mustang and I was set on the 18+ model. I read enough to make me think otherwise. I know you can't believe everything you read or see on the internet as there are many "internet engineers" and "experts" out there. But with all the videos and other sources discussing this problem, I didn't want any part of it. Even if there was only a slim chance I'd have a problem. I keep my vehicles a very long time. I had my last sn95 mustang for 18 years before I sold it last fall.

I ended up picking up a gently used 2017 instead. I was able to get more car for the money as well. Feel good about it. It's a shame how Ford is handling this. We all work hard to have these cars and just want to enjoy them.
Got a pic?
IMG_20190421_172534.jpg
IMG_20190421_172433.jpg
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
DIB! Nice! I considered the side graphics for a while, but ultimately decided no. That's a decision you make on your own, don't let anyone sway you. Everything on my car I like! Just curious - your post says 2016, but your signature says 2015. Only way to tell is hood blinkers and SYNC 3. So which do you have?

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
We recently purchased a 2015 GT vert CPO with 31K miles. My driver’s side mirror has made the clicking sound 4 or 5 times. When it does, I observed the mirror tilting outward to it’s max position and “jumping” 3-4 times then it resets to it’s correct position. The passenger side mirror had done this one time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Yes exactly what I've seen onmine. I can't replicate the issue on demand though.

We recently purchased a 2015 GT vert CPO with 31K miles. My driver’s side mirror has made the clicking sound 4 or 5 times. When it does, I observed the mirror tilting outward to it’s max position and “jumping” 3-4 times then it resets to it’s correct position. The passenger side mirror had done this one time.

ssteph1984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My 2015 GT Vertible just did that the other day - I read some posts about resetting the seat/mirror memory settings but I decided to change the batteries in my Fob first. So far that has corrected the problem.

OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 GT Vertible just did that the other day - I read some posts about resetting the seat/mirror memory settings but I decided to change the batteries in my Fob first. So far that has corrected the problem.
That's wierd not sure what putting in a new battery would do. Mone happens at the window switch with or without the car running. But I would be interested in learning how to reset the windows ect...

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I had already replaced both fob batteries right after we purchased the GT.

ssteph1984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The only other thing I did was turn on where it asks for security perimeter or all sensors. Might try that and see if that makes it go away. That fixed mine. The mirrors would go all the way up and click repeatedly after exiting my Stang.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mind letting me know what I have to do to get to the security perimeter settings? Can't find any info on it.
The only other thing I did was turn on where it asks for security perimeter or all sensors. Might try that and see if that makes it go away. That fixed mine. The mirrors would go all the way up and click repeatedly after exiting my Stang.

ssteph1984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind letting me know what I have to do to get to the security perimeter settings? Can't find any info on it.
From main menu - Settings, Vehicle, I have easy entry exit checked , then under alarm, ask on exit.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
the drivers side mirror on my 16 does the clicking thing about once a month. There are others on this forum that have had the same problem, do a search and you should be able to find it. Sounds like the dealers just throw parts at it to get it to stop. Starting by replacing the mirror servo motor. But if you bring it to the dealer, they have to see and hear it to fix it. If its still under warranty. Mine still is, but since it happens only about once per month, I'm kind of screwed. But its not a big deal. If its doing it, I just hit the memory button to stop it. I'll deal with it when it gets worse. But it is a known problem.

MattB19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Vert 6spd, 401a, Black Accent Package, 19’s, 3.55’s, etc loaded and loving it!
Congrats, my 17 has the stripes over the top which I like, but if it had the door stripes I’d remove them, my opinion only. Love the blue!
A4CB53CE-D706-4B99-9C6D-D92593EA8BB4.jpeg

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Ok so after looking for three months I finally pulled the trigger and bought this clean 2016 GT convertible with 28k.

I do have a few things that I wanted clarification on. Still getting used to the car so just wanting to figure out if things are normal. I need to understand if I should bring it in for service or if these things are just normal.

• Rear passenger window does not go up all the way. Discovered this is fairly common and needs to be realigned. No biggie.
  • Some times when I open the driver side to get in I hear clicking sound. I think it's comming from driver side mirror. Is this normal anyone else hear this.
  • I feel somewhat of a hesitation or slight surge under hard accleleration. Typically in first or second. Previo owner at one point had throttle body serviced and at another point had fuel injector service. Have no idea if it's related to what I'm calling hesitatatation / surging. I would describe it as a little lag. Power is not smooth all the way through. Is this normal?
  • Sync3 with Android auto kind of sucks. Just my oppinion of course. Still need to devote some time to figure it all out.
  • AC upper hose seals has been replaced twice. The AC works great it's ice cold so no complaints here. Have heard of the evaporator goes bad so wondering if this is possibly related. Heat works great.
  • AC seats don't seem to work quite as well as some other cars I've been in. Took forever to cool the seats and never really got that cool. Is this normal?
Do you guys like the stripes? I think I'm going to leave the stripes on the front but remove the mustang GT stripes on the side of the car. Don't really care for that. Let me know what you think.

Again I'm not bashing just trying to set expectations with my self.

I have a 2016 CS coming up for 3 years, what's a matter with Android auto? has many apps now, even Waze,
Yea the AC seats just give you a weird sensation on your bum, 1st time Steph got in, wearing a skirt, her face was a picture :-)
Sponsored