Sponsored

New Owner ticks and quirks 2016 GT Vert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so after looking for three months I finally pulled the trigger and bought this clean 2016 GT convertible with 28k.

I do have a few things that I wanted clarification on. Still getting used to the car so just wanting to figure out if things are normal. I need to understand if I should bring it in for service or if these things are just normal.

• Rear passenger window does not go up all the way. Discovered this is fairly common and needs to be realigned. No biggie.
  • Some times when I open the driver side to get in I hear clicking sound. I think it's comming from driver side mirror. Is this normal anyone else hear this.
  • I feel somewhat of a hesitation or slight surge under hard accleleration. Typically in first or second. Previo owner at one point had throttle body serviced and at another point had fuel injector service. Have no idea if it's related to what I'm calling hesitatatation / surging. I would describe it as a little lag. Power is not smooth all the way through. Is this normal?
  • Sync3 with Android auto kind of sucks. Just my oppinion of course. Still need to devote some time to figure it all out.
  • AC upper hose seals has been replaced twice. The AC works great it's ice cold so no complaints here. Have heard of the evaporator goes bad so wondering if this is possibly related. Heat works great.
  • AC seats don't seem to work quite as well as some other cars I've been in. Took forever to cool the seats and never really got that cool. Is this normal?
Do you guys like the stripes? I think I'm going to leave the stripes on the front but remove the mustang GT stripes on the side of the car. Don't really care for that. Let me know what you think.

Again I'm not bashing just trying to set expectations with my self.
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Sync3 with Android auto kind of sucks. Just my oppinion of course. Still need to devote some time to figure it all out.
Still better than an iPhone, though. If Verizon ever gets its Android act together with a smaller phone, this Apple SE POS is gone.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Ok so after looking for three months I finally pulled the trigger and bought this clean 2016 GT convertible with 28k.

• Rear passenger window does not go up all the way. Discovered this is fairly common and needs to be realigned. No biggie.
Yep, a realign will fit that. I was one of the lucky ones, the wife's vert windows were good.
  • Some times when I open the driver side to get in I hear clicking sound. I think it's comming from driver side mirror. Is this normal anyone else hear this.
If the car has the BLISS package (lane keeping, cross traffic, etc) that is probably what you're hearing. The wife's has all that stuff, and it makes some strange noises when I get in.
  • I feel somewhat of a hesitation or slight surge under hard accleleration. Typically in first or second. Previo owner at one point had throttle body serviced and at another point had fuel injector service. Have no idea if it's related to what I'm calling hesitatatation / surging. I would describe it as a little lag. Power is not smooth all the way through. Is this normal?
Could this be a lag in the transmission down shifting. IDK, it's hard to say. These cars are drive by wire, and that ain't the best thing going IMHO.
  • Sync3 with Android auto kind of sucks. Just my oppinion of course. Still need to devote some time to figure it all out.
Yep, SYNC has sucked since Ford introduced it. But, I will say it's better than it was in the early days. Trying to get the SYNC lady to understand my southern accent is an adventure in itself. :)
  • AC upper hose seals has been replaced twice. The AC works great it's ice cold so no complaints here. Have heard of the evaporator goes bad so wondering if this is possibly related. Heat works great.
Hopefully you're good to go there.
  • AC seats don't seem to work quite as well as some other cars I've been in. Took forever to cool the seats and never really got that cool. Is this normal?
Same with our 2018. They aren't as good as my F-150 that's for sure.
Congratulations on the Mustang. Enjoy

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The rear passenger window not going up all the way, is simply the safety stop kicking in because the rubber seal is dry and creating too much resistance. $5 can of silicon spray will fix it, plus it's good maintenance for all the rubber seals on the top.

CP is pretty decent, based on the early beta of iOS13, there are a few really nice changes, assuming they make it into the production release on day one.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
The rear passenger window not going up all the way, is simply the safety stop kicking in because the rubber seal is dry and creating too much resistance. $5 can of silicon spray will fix it, plus it's good maintenance for all the rubber seals on the top.

CP is pretty decent, based on the early beta of iOS13, there are a few really nice changes, assuming they make it into the production release on day one.
Good point racer. After owning verts for ever I should have thought about that. Thanks.

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I think the ventilated seats just aren't very good in any of the Ford vehicles. I had them in my 2012 F150, and they worked well, but took a while to feel them. Of course they basically do nothing if you don't have the A/C on. So if you were cruising with the top down and wanted cooled seats, you won't get much satisfaction from the ventilation.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think the ventilated seats just aren't very good in any of the Ford vehicles. I had them in my 2012 F150, and they worked well, but took a while to feel them. Of course they basically do nothing if you don't have the A/C on. So if you were cruising with the top down and wanted cooled seats, you won't get much satisfaction from the ventilation.
No, it mostly just chills my nether area and the rest of me is still hot ... :D

OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Well what type of lube are you guys using any old silicone spray? No WD40 I assume. What about pblaster lubricating spray?

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This was the Ace Hardware brand, but it was chemically the exact same as the WD and Liquid Wrench products.

I used an old, full sized towel to cover up the top clotch, figured it might stain. I sprayed the passenger rear window, let it dry, it rolled right up (I went ahead and did all the rubber on the top).

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I use wd-40 silicon spray.
I used this on the wife's Audi 5 months ago. The dealer had to replace something with the HVAC system, and had to drop the steering column and remove the dash. When they put everything back together, the clearances between trim panels were tighter than before, and the trim panels would squeak when turning. After being annoyed with that, I sprayed some on the plastic, and after 5 months, the car is quiet again.

Doesn't work as well when lubricating the door hinges in my house though.

OP
OP
GeosGTVert

GeosGTVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I bought some silicone spray at Napa and sprayed the part that meets the top and it worked great. But this is only a temporary fix. I wonder if the dealership has a more permanent solution.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Do you guys like the stripes? I think I'm going to leave the stripes on the front but remove the mustang GT stripes on the side of the car. Don't really care for that. Let me know what you think.
Got a pic?
Sponsored