Sponsored

New Mustang S550 Docol R8 Roll Bar from CMS!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone on this thread purchased one? I am on the fence, but tomorrow is the last day of the sale and was hoping for some first hand reviews!
Sponsored

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
competitionmotorsport.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Has anyone on this thread purchased one? I am on the fence, but tomorrow is the last day of the sale and was hoping for some first hand reviews!
There are quite a few members who've purchased them but I think only a couple who've installed so far. Check out the thread on the GT500 sub-forum, you can see a few photos from one customer's installation.

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've attached a couple photos of an Avalanche Gray roll bar with our redesigned harness hoops. We wanted to make them more an integral part of the design rather than the standard 1/4" rod hoops. We think they look cool; what do you think?!

GT350_Roll_Bar_Avalanche_Gray_1.jpg
GT350_Roll_Bar_Avalanche_Gray_2.jpg

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
This is awesome!
Do you guys make just a simple harness bar, across the back of the front seats to attach for harness belts?
Just want to do some HPDE events with proper harnesses installed.

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This is awesome!
Do you guys make just a simple harness bar, across the back of the front seats to attach for harness belts?
Just want to do some HPDE events with proper harnesses installed.
Thanks for that! We don't make a harness bar for the Mustang at the moment. Harness bars are difficult to design so that they are simpler than a roll bar and yet have the structural integrity required to survive an impact in such a way that your harness shoulder straps remain tight. Honestly, it's better to use a full four-point roll bar for that reason.

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Hmmmm, doesn't go through quarter panel plastics or into the trunk and comes in white.
I'll have to check this out!

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
We want to say thank you to everyone on Mustang 6G! This is a fantastic forum with passionate, knowledgable members and loads of great information. Interacting with Mustang aficionados and track junkies has been a terrific experience. So, again, thanks for that! Wishing everyone at M6G a Merry Christmas and safe holiday!

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to go ahead and drop in some pics of the bar installed. Very impressed with the both the bar and the service from Pete and the guys.
Just some quick iPhone shots- will have to get better ones in a couple weeks when the car goes back on the ground.

i-D4WRpPC-X3.jpg

i-RNFKsbq-X3.jpg

i-LXk7TzW-X3.jpg

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just wanted to go ahead and drop in some pics of the bar installed. Very impressed with the both the bar and the service from Pete and the guys.
Just some quick iPhone shots- will have to get better ones in a couple weeks when the car goes back on the ground.

i-D4WRpPC-X3.jpg

i-RNFKsbq-X3.jpg

i-LXk7TzW-X3.jpg
Looks great! Haven't installed mine yet. Where did you get the pass thru's for the seat delete?

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Haven't installed mine yet. Where did you get the pass thru's for the seat delete?
Appreciate it! They're from Watsons Streetworks. 2 Piece ring, locks together with dowel pins; nice pieces. I removed the dowels so they could fit the angle of the seat delete.
Looks fantastic, I love the trim rings on the holes in the RSD! Thanks for the pics!
Anytime!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

i-D4WRpPC-X3.jpg

i-RNFKsbq-X3.jpg

i-LXk7TzW-X3.jpg
Very nice install.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Appreciate it! They're from Watsons Streetworks. 2 Piece ring, locks together with dowel pins; nice pieces. I removed the dowels so they could fit the angle of the seat delete.

Anytime!
Did you have them painted / powdered coated to match the bar color? Their website only shows them in machines aluminum trim.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Did you have them painted / powdered coated to match the bar color? Their website only shows them in machines aluminum trim.
Yeah, the machined finish is the only option. I just painted mine with base/clear before putting them on the car

OP
OP
CompetitionMotorsport

CompetitionMotorsport

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah, the machined finish is the only option. I just painted mine with base/clear before putting them on the car
Great idea! If anyone wants these powder-coated to match their roll bar, just let us know. We can get them from Watsons Street Works and powder coat them easily so they're a perfect match and a bit more durable than paint/clear.
Sponsored