New motor is done !

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wanted to share my car again it has been through a lot recently.

I blew a piston in cylinder 5 cracked the wall in the block.

I pulled the heads in my garage was hoping it was just a lifted head. After I saw the damage I pulled the motor.

I bought a FFRE stage 3 coyote gen 3 motor and had to wait months for new heads, gaskets and I went with all new arp hardware.

I had tons of small issues and became an electrical expert lol. The issue that took me the longest to find was the WOT box had a loose wire that caused a no spark issue. The wot box was in the glove box for over a year and hasn’t moved. I had no idea it was the issue.

finally got the tune done and ready for a full wot pass. I did some data logging at the track but couldn’t go wot that night.

love the knowledge I gained doing this project and the fact I got the green light for some 1/4 mile passes. It took me 5 months start to finish. Most of the time wasted looking for the intermittent no spark issue 🤷🏼‍♂️

7DBEB2D9-A8B6-479A-AD54-029F13CEE5B1.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

D8E62D64-18B1-4FE8-A5B0-31C47C74D9AF.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_4505.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
She’s ready now! I like the MMR jewelry sitting underneath the timing cover too 👍.

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
She’s ready now! I like the MMR jewelry sitting underneath the timing cover too 👍.
Thanks! each time I went into the motor I added some additional parts to make it worth doing.

I went with MMR Billet chain guides, Billet rear main seal, phaser sprocket plates inverted secondary tensioner piece, block supports and trigger wheel.

To be honest everyone told me it was a huge mistake to use MMR so using them made me a bit uneasy when the motor wouldn't turn over. So far so good though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah, I have a few MMR pieces too (rear seal plate with trigger wheel and crank sensor, engine block supports, head cooling mod and water pump pulley). I came close to buying the chain guides, tensioners and phasers, but my tranny build ate into those funds.

No leaks from your billet rear seal plate? When I was first installing mine, I kept noticing a leak after spraying the area with brake and parts cleaner and using shop air to dry it. I ended up removing thr plate and cutting the Viton rope gasket 1/2” up from the bottom on each side and using RTV sealant. That sealed it up perfectly.

I remember reading something about an issue with the MMR chain tensioners needing to be modified or something. Did you have to do that or have they released revised tensioners?

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, I have a few MMR pieces too (rear seal plate with trigger wheel and crank sensor, engine block supports, head cooling mod and water pump pulley). I came close to buying the chain guides, tensioners and phasers, but my tranny build ate into those funds.

No leaks from your billet rear seal plate? When I was first installing mine, I kept noticing a leak after spraying the area with brake and parts cleaner and using shop air to dry it. I ended up removing thr plate and cutting the Viton rope gasket 1/2” up from the bottom on each side and using RTV sealant. That sealed it up perfectly.

I remember reading something about an issue with the MMR chain tensioners needing to be modified or something. Did you have to do that or have they released revised tensioners?
So far no leaks from the rear main seal but I will keep in mind about cutting the ends then using RTV sealant.

I didn't have any issues with the chain tensioners.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I saw you mentioned a WOT Box, do you have an A10 or MT82-D4 tranny mated up to the new motor? Either way, I know it’s gonna be lots of fun.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I like shiny things and this thing is very shiny.

Look like it’s going to be a beast

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The more air look at these pics, the more I want those parts and some cams on my motor.

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

So far no leaks from the rear main seal but I will keep in mind about cutting the ends then using RTV sealant.

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like shiny things and this thing is very shiny.

Look like it’s going to be a beast
Lol I know how you feel ! thanks for the comment car feels like a beast too!

Sponsored
OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I saw you mentioned a WOT Box, do you have an A10 or MT82-D4 tranny mated up to the new motor? Either way, I know it’s gonna be lots of fun.
I have a 10r80 but ripped the wot box out. I feel they are 100% dangerous. I was driving and the wot box wire wiggles a bit loose and my car stalled. What if i was in traffic or anything where I don't want the car to die. One time i cut out and in and the car bucked felt dangerous.

I used the manufacturers troubleshooting guide and it passed i only noticed the bad wire when i pulled the wot box out of the glove box and started pulling wires. The blue light blinked out and I was like WTF is this my problem for MONTHS.. Sure was. Blew my mind the WOT box never moved it was in the same place for over a year.. just my opinion on it.

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Here is the full list of things I’ve done. Just been adding to the list over the years was simple to keep track.

Whipple 3L Stage 2

Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber hood with quik latch hood pins, Carbon Fiber Side Skirts and Carbon Fiber decklid Panel, carbon fiber mirror covers, Carbon Fiber Wing, Apr carbon fiber license plate frame, BMR Spherical Vertical Links, BMR Cradle lockout kit, BMR Suspension IRS Subframe Support Brace Red, BMR Rear Toe Rods Adjustable, BMR Differential bushing lockout kit with upgraded hardware, BMR low profile jacking rails, BMR rear sway bar endlinks, Steeda Alignment Bushings, Steeda Drag Race Rear Sway Bar, Steeda adjustable front coilovers, Steeda adjustable rear springs, Foose Side Scoops and Louvers, gforce renegade half shafts, DSS Chromoly Driveshaft, Viking crusader shocks, Texas Speed headers. Lund Racing tuned. McLeod Clutch Pack 10r80, Xpipe to mbrp muffler delete, id1350x, sai li triple pump fuel system, upr whipple catch can. E85. Mishimoto coolant expansion tank. Mishimoto 160 thermostat. K2 SuperBoost Brace, Cm components rear seat delete. Axiom smoked side markers, mp concepts smoked led reverse light. Brembo 6 piston front brakes, power stop rotors lethal performance upper and lower grill delete. Upr billet engraved windshield washer cap and upr billet dip stick handle, Upr billet drain plug with magnetic tip. WOT box and 10rstager. Racestar beadlock rears with racestar fronts and a killer chiller, PNR tank with cwa 400 pump and BMR harness bar. Whipple pulley 2.875 PPE heavy duty cast aluminum transmission pan brushed. Ford performance mini starter , Zl1 titanium tow hook, steeda Billet Rear Shock mount

FFRE stage 3 built motor coyote Gen 3

Machine Work: Prep Block, CNC Bore and Hone for Sleeves, CNC O-Ring, Install/Seat Sleeves, Deck Block, Hone w/Torque Plate, Align Hone Mains for ARP Studs, Balance Rotating Assembly, Final Clearances with Full Assembly. O-Ring Cylinder Block.
  • New Gen 3 Core Block
  • FFRE Custom LA Sleeves
  • Boss 302 Forged Crankshaft
  • ARP Main Studs 156-5803
  • Custom Manley FFRE Pistons, .210 Pin , Total seal AP Top Napier 2nd Rings.
  • Manley I-Beam Rods 14518-8
  • Main and Rod Bearings (STD or X)
  • FFRE Oil Squirter Block-offs with Bolts
  • New Block Kit (Timing cover dowels, Rear seal dowels, Chain Guide Dowels, Oil Galley Freeze plugs)
  • FFRE One Piece Threaded Head Dowels

MMR Billet Chain Guides/Arms Kit
MMR Billet Rear Main Seal Cover
MMR phaser sprocket plates.
mmR invert secondary tensioner billet piece.
Mmr block support.
Mmr billet trigger wheel.
Boundary Opg and sprocket.
innovators West 10% OD balancer
Kinetik crank savor stud kit
Comp Cams hi Tech timing chains
Boss 302 chain tensioners
Steeda billet water pump pulley.
Front main seal gaskets
Flex plate bolts
Valve cover gaskets
Cylinder head gaskets
Cam filters
Arp rear main seal housing bolts
Arp Sprocket bolts
Arp oil pan bolts
ARP head studs
Header bolts
Valve cover gaskets
New AC belt
Intake gaskets
New Oil pan with gaskets and seals

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Killer mod list!

When you installed your WOT Box, did you solder all wires? I soldered and used heat shrink on mine to avoid the issue of a bad connection.

I’m looking forward to seeing video of you ripping down the 1/4.

OP
OP

timewave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Killer mod list!

When you installed your WOT Box, did you solder all wires? I soldered and used heat shrink on mine to avoid the issue of a bad connection.

I’m looking forward to seeing video of you ripping down the 1/4.

I did solder. The loose connection was at the wot box harness. Inside the plug that connects into the wot box. That was done by the manufacturer 🤷🏼‍♂️

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did solder. The loose connection was at the wot box harness. Inside the plug that connects into the wot box. That was done by the manufacturer 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ah okay. I might look back into getting another harness and making a jumper plug to bypass the supplied harness, in the event mine ever acts up.
Sponsored