Sponsored

New Mach 1 Track video (finally got a decent recording)

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
Hey All,

I got the Mach 1 out again this past weekend at MSR Houston. For the first time, all of my equipment from a recording standpoint cooperated, so I FINALLY have a decent video to share. As some of you may know, this car was originally a base Mach 1 and is currently in the process of being converted to a HP car. Since the last time it was out, it now has the Mach 1 HP aero (splitter, spoiler/gurney, fender molding, mud flaps) and wheels, along with a Gloc R12/R10 brake pad setup. I opted to go with Michelin PS4S tires (305 front 325 rear) for now to have a street/rain option and I'm glad I did, because it poured all day on Saturday, but fortunately got some nice weather on Sunday (but still slick spots throughout the day). This combination of updates so far has pretty heavily refined the feel of the car from a stability aspect. If I can find the time to complete the install, I'll be taking the car out again in two weeks with the full Mach 1 HP suspension setup (springs, rear stability bar, and vorshlag adjustable camber plates).

I don't really open up the car until the tires came up to temp/pressure around lap 4 (minute 7 or so). This was my 4th weekend out, still lots to learn. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Looks like a blast, great video!

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Hey All,

I got the Mach 1 out again this past weekend at MSR Houston. For the first time, all of my equipment from a recording standpoint cooperated, so I FINALLY have a decent video to share. As some of you may know, this car was originally a base Mach 1 and is currently in the process of being converted to a HP car. Since the last time it was out, it now has the Mach 1 HP aero (splitter, spoiler/gurney, fender molding, mud flaps) and wheels, along with a Gloc R12/R10 brake pad setup. I opted to go with Michelin PS4S tires (305 front 325 rear) for now to have a street/rain option and I'm glad I did, because it poured all day on Saturday, but fortunately got some nice weather on Sunday (but still slick spots throughout the day). This combination of updates so far has pretty heavily refined the feel of the car from a stability aspect. If I can find the time to complete the install, I'll be taking the car out again in two weeks with the full Mach 1 HP suspension setup (springs, rear stability bar, and vorshlag adjustable camber plates).

I don't really open up the car until the tires came up to temp/pressure around lap 4 (minute 7 or so). This was my 4th weekend out, still lots to learn. Enjoy!

OP does the regular Mach 1 come with the cooling pack that the HP cars come with (Diff, Trans, ect)

Sponsored

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP does the regular Mach 1 come with the cooling pack that the HP cars come with (Diff, Trans, ect)
Yes it does. If memory serves me right, they are some of the data point gauges you can set up to monitor on the dash display too.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Yes it does. If memory serves me right, they are some of the data point gauges you can set up to monitor on the dash display too.
So is the only major difference in the two the wheel tire package and aero? I’m wonder if suspension programming is any different.

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the only major difference in the two the wheel tire package and aero? I’m wonder if suspension programming is any different.
The springs and rear stabilizer bar are the other differences. They are stiffer. Also, the respective programming modules are the same part number, but @Epiphany has identified subtle differences in the programming code. I am not sure that we know yet if the differences mean anything more than VIN number or something else.

OP
OP
raidernixon

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great video. What lap timer app are you using?
I am using track addicts to collect data from a bluetooth gps and bluetooth obd2 module. Video is from a gopro hero9 with external mic at the back. Using race render to put it all together.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am using track addicts to collect data from a bluetooth gps and bluetooth obd2 module. Video is from a gopro hero9 with external mic at the back. Using race render to put it all together.
I use track addict as well but can't get the channel for brakes to work how did you manage to do that ? Can you share your race render overlay with us it looks great ?

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Brilliant, thanks for posting, have you tried the flat shifting, or is it more useful on drag strips?
Sponsored