Sponsored

New GT350 exhaust mod

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
I am thinking about removing the reasonaters from
my 2015 TP.I,as I'm sure many,really like the R exhaust .It is a simple cut out and replace with a pice of ss tubing.Heres my question ,when welding on a cars exhaust while in the car you must ground to the car.Would this or could this cause a problem with the electronics of the car.This could be a dumb question but I was concerned and wanted to get an answer before I do it.Also if I do this with the exhaust on the car I will have to shield the plastic tray.It looks like removing the system would be a real pain so I was hoping to not do that.Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
What type of welding are you planning to do? Mig or tig? It being stainless make sure you have someone who knows how to weld stainless and knows the grade of stainless is on the factory exhaust and the grade of pipe you get. Personally I wouldn't recommend welding it on the car. Not due to the electronics but for the sake of the quality of weld you will get.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Easy solution is to get a couple of band clamps over a stepped stainless pipe. Avoids all the hassle of welding.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am thinking about removing the reasonaters from
my 2015 TP.I,as I'm sure many,really like the R exhaust .It is a simple cut out and replace with a pice of ss tubing.Heres my question ,when welding on a cars exhaust while in the car you must ground to the car.Would this or could this cause a problem with the electronics of the car.This could be a dumb question but I was concerned and wanted to get an answer before I do it.Also if I do this with the exhaust on the car I will have to shield the plastic tray.It looks like removing the system would be a real pain so I was hoping to not do that.Thanks for any help.
Yes it could cause a problem with the electronics. Back in the day I would have said to disconnect the battery and the ECU. However, nowadays there are electronic components all over the body. I would recommend taking a couple minutes to remove the pipe. If you've ever worked on cars before you realize that sometimes removing more parts can make a job go much faster and easier. As was said before you will need to remove the exhaust in order to weld the top side anyway.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I had the resonators cut out of my 2012 and they welded the pipe in on the car.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I would just look into someone like Lethal Performance H or X pipe that fits great and just uses band clamps MANY people on here are using them with no issues. Save ya the headache of removing it all or welding on the vehicle.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I could be wrong, but from the under body pics from the track tour, it looks like the xpipe is welded to the rest of the cat back.

OP
OP

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
I would just look into someone like Lethal Performance H or X pipe that fits great and just uses band clamps MANY people on here are using them with no issues. Save ya the headache of removing it all or welding on the vehicle.
Thanks for your info

OP
OP

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
Yes it could cause a problem with the electronics. Back in the day I would have said to disconnect the battery and the ECU. However, nowadays there are electronic components all over the body. I would recommend taking a couple minutes to remove the pipe. If you've ever worked on cars before you realize that sometimes removing more parts can make a job go much faster and easier. As was said before you will need to remove the exhaust in order to weld the top side anyway.
Thanks for this information.
Sponsored