Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
One thing’s for sure, it’s better put together than the rest of the f@&£ing car! :)

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
[MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION], out of curiosity, bearing in mind you guys fitted some Roush AB’s to my GT ‘Vert earlier this year, how much louder would your H-Pipe make the car?

I’m mainly concerned with cold startup and a fully warmed up idle, as I live in a quiet Close (well not so quiet when I start the car in the garage), I have very nice understanding neighbours, who love the car, but they may not be quite as nice or understanding, if it’s much louder on startup and then loud at night on return from a trip when I’m parking up.

Oh and there is a small matter if keeping the “boss” happy too ;)

OP
OP

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
[MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION], out of curiosity, bearing in mind you guys fitted some Roush AB’s to my GT ‘Vert earlier this year, how much louder would your H-Pipe make the car?

I’m mainly concerned with cold startup and a fully warmed up idle, as I live in a quiet Close (well not so quiet when I start the car in the garage), I have very nice understanding neighbours, who love the car, but they may not be quite as nice or understanding, if it’s much louder on startup and then loud at night on return from a trip when I’m parking up.

It's impossible to quantify exactly how much louder an H pipe makes it. But it certainly is a significant change. I wouldn't expect many customers to want to go any louder than an H pipe and axle back combination. Maybe need to listen to one at a meet some time.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
The welding looks fine to me and yes, I have also worked as a welder. Just not in the nuclear industry. Sure, I have seen better welding and could most likely do better welding but certainly dont see the need to make unnecessary comments about a product which is most likely better than others out there and from a highly respected supplier/installer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT

You could consider going for the H-pipe but pair it up with an active axle-back to take the edge off those cold starts.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Have to say I would not agree that the welding is that great.

Certainly if I had done that, and my boss saw it, he would throw it away and tell me to do it again.

The welding looks fine to me and yes, I have also worked as a welder. Just not in the nuclear industry. Sure, I have seen better welding and could most likely do better welding but certainly dont see the need to make unnecessary comments about a product which is most likely better than others out there and from a highly respected supplier/installer.

Looks fine to me as well, I doubt there's a boss in the country that would've thrown a £200 exhaust in the bin unless it had holes in it

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
I’d like to hear this fitted within a ford racing by Borla cat-back set-up. Been thinking of cutting out my x-pipe and putting in a h-pipe for some time now but would want to hear an example first...

eldar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - My2017
I’d like to hear this fitted within a ford racing by Borla cat-back set-up. Been thinking of cutting out my x-pipe and putting in a h-pipe for some time now but would want to hear an example first...

This video maybe gives an idea - h pipes and standard exhaust boxes. Don't know what the americans class as not too loud, though.

[ame]
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.