New Garage Flooring Options for my R

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Moving into my new home in South OC and the garage has this floor (ceramic tiles), F-car not included. I'm not too sure about it. Should I cover it with epoxy or tear it out? or is this ok as is?
That’s a “depends” question.
If you work on your own cars in the garage, you’ll want something that will hold up….tile will not.
If you don’t work on your cars, I’d keep it. Why spend money on something you don’t need. Wait, scratch that, this is a GT350 forum.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That’s a “depends” question.
If you work on your own cars in the garage, you’ll want something that will hold up….tile will not.
If you don’t work on your cars, I’d keep it. Why spend money on something you don’t need. Wait, scratch that, this is a GT350 forum.
What type of tile are you referring to here, Fred? May warrant being more specific. My RaceDeck tile floor holds up perfectly to three years of wrenching, jacking, banging around, and whatever else I throw at it. Have yet to damage or gouge anything, much less break one. I suppose you can chip or damage any coating if you try hard enough.

Reactions: Les

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
My RaceDeck tile floor holds up perfectly to three years of wrenching, jacking, banging around, and whatever else I throw at it. Have yet to damage or gouge anything, much less break one.
I completely agree! I‘ve had my RaceDeck flooring down since July of 2016. I’ve had Jack stands scraping on it, jacks rolling on it etc with absolutely no issues. I’ve spilled just about everything on it, wax, compounds, oil, transmission fluid, even brake fluid. Effortless to clean up.
I very happy with RaceDeck flooring and would strongly recommend it to anyone that’s thinking about purchasing it. Just my 2 cents worth!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Guys, he said ceramic tiles. I assume he meant ceramic tiles.