New forgestar CF5V wheels aren’t true

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I took the forgestar wheels I received in June to get my firehawks that just arrived mounted on and balanced - all four wheels wobbled on the balancer. They weren’t even close to spinning true. I’ve got a short video I can post shortly to illustrate.

The hub adapter he was using for the inside of the wheel fit pretty snug so I don’t think it could have been that causing any wobble. Has anyone else seen this with their forgestars? Pretty disappointed to say the least...

Sponsored

Last edited:

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
Zero issues here running Cf5V's on my car.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yeah I have no issues with mine either

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
All 4 wheels had that same wobble?

I’d find it hard to believe all 4 came from Forgestar like that. I’d be inclined to take one wheel to another tire shop and have them put it on their machine to see if it still wobbles.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

I’d find it hard to believe all 4 came from Forgestar like that. I’d be inclined to take one wheel to another tire shop and have them put it on their machine to see if it still wobbles.
I'd also probably take it to another tire shop to double check them before going through the hassle of sending them back. The first tire shop was probably right, but a second opinion would confirm it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

All four wobbled, some worse than others. I'm going to take them to another shop today to get a second opinion, but I watched one of the techs mount and balance an SUV wheel during this process and that one spun fine.

Threads such as these don't inspire confidence in Forgestar:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/another-forgestar-nightmare.1012857/

https://www.planet-9.com/porsche-ti...-opinions-forgestar-wheel-vibration-long.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum.../4105926-disappointed-forgestar-customer.html

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=944057

Last edited:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Have you reached out to the company that provided you the wheels or possibly Forgestar to see about getting this corrected?

Alex and Nick there are spot on guys and im very certain theyll work out whatever they can do to help you out.

Paul A.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I PM’d Erick @Need4SpeedMotors on here but haven’t heard anything back yet. I didn’t want to take any action though before having a second shop check them out. Which I just did.. brought them to Firestone where they spun them with both the cone and lug brackets. The inside of the drums are out of round pretty noticeably on 2 of the wheels. They also have varying levels of overspray from a bad masking job on the inside hub mating surface. The tech took a wire wheel brush to the overspray on one of the wheels and put it back on the machine, which did reduce the lateral movements on that particular wheel, but it still had a slight wobble. He said only 1 of the 4 would probably be road worthy without feeling vibrations.

I guess I was a naive to not suspect there would be such quality control issues on a set of $1600+ wheels, but between the out of round drums and the bad finish work, murphy's law strikes again.

I know there's nothing N4SM could have done to prevent this and it's certainly not their fault, but I am reluctant to to accept even a new set from forgestar now that I know it's basically a gamble on whether or not I'll receive something usable after another 2+ month lead time. I also have to figure out how I'm going to ship these back to California as I don't have the shipping boxes anymore, just the Forgestar boxes.

Here's another video that shows how bad the inside of the drum is compared to the outside

And the photos of the overspray on the mating surfaces:
IMG_4916.JPG
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG

Should have just ponied up the dough for HREs, sigh.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
We are one of the large Forgestar American Muscle dealers in the nation.

If you want shoot me a Email ill forward it to Nick and Alex, since I didnt do the order I cannot promise 100%, but I can help you out the best I can.

I know the boys at Forgestar are always willing to help.

Paul A.

OP
OP
Kevin08

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Hey Paul,

I appreciate your offer - I don't want to circumvent Erick or N4SM yet before they've had a chance to assist me since they were the vendor. I'm going to see if they can help me out first but if not, I would be glad to take you up on your offer to try and get this situation sorted out.

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Honestly, this is not your problem. Let N4SM and Forgestar figure out shipping the wheels back and getting you a new set. Hopefully, Forgestar will verify that the new wheels, if that is what you choose to have, are in spec before having them shipped out to you.

You shouldn't have to be the one paying for shipping and having to find more boxes to ship them in.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Hey Paul,

I appreciate your offer - I don't want to circumvent Erick or N4SM yet before they've had a chance to assist me since they were the vendor. I'm going to see if they can help me out first but if not, I would be glad to take you up on your offer to try and get this situation sorted out.
No worries sir.

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
I'm glad you are taking this route. You should always try to get in contact with the vendor you purchased from first so that they can get in contact with Forgestar.

We always check back-pad and center bore to make sure there isn't a powder build up with any custom coated wheel. The last thing we want is for our customers to have wheels that does not accept a hub ring or not go over their hub bore because of the thick powder build up and/or left over powder on the back pad that'll have the wheels not sitting flat against the hub... but mistakes can be made..

Don't let this stray you away from Forgestar. They're great guys over there and we have a long history with all those guys both personally and professionally.
Sponsored