Sponsored

New Exhaust Install *now with video*

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
Today i finally got my MBRP Street aluminized exhaust installed. Not too difficult, scariest part for me is/was getting the car on 4 jackstands (open to suggestions on the easiest way to accomplish this). I had recently did an x pipe resonator delete but wanted something louder and really liked the tone and affordability of the MBRP Street. I purchased mine via Performance Truck Products shipping was free and the price was the best i could find.

Issues i had were that the exhaust was originally delivered like this

IMG_20150728_190616.jpg

I shot them an email and some pics and they quickly sent me a new kit not even waiting to receive the old one first.

The replacement i got was perfect. I decided to paint the exhaust to prolong the life of it as i went with the almuminized version instead of the stainless and wanted to prevent corrosion. I first cleaned it with some simple green apc, then sanded everything with some 300 grit sandpaper, then cleaned again. Next i sprayed some light coats of flat VHT paint to use as a primer and then proceeded to paint the exhaust with some brush on Rustoleum High Temp Grill Paint. An important lesson is to invest in a small foam roller to apply the paint. I had originally intended to use some foam brushes but the finish looked like crap and was honestly a pain. The foam roller not only looked better but was much easier to apply with.

Painted Exhaust

IMG_20150807_153949.jpg

IMG_20150807_125610.jpg

Install was pretty straightforward, just watch the cj install video and you should be good to go.

out with the old
IMG_20150807_173101.jpg

After getting the new one installed i had to re loosen some of the clamps to adjust the passenger side mufflers a bit as the tips were sitting rather high (about 1 mm from valence) whereas the driver side was sitting between 2-3mm form valence. Once i adjusted that i re tightened everything down and and put the car down.

Stock

X Pipe Resonator Delete

MBRP Street (H Pipe)

I'll try upload some videos when i can figure out how to blur my license plate from the video. Also i'm having some clanking issues when going over bumps that first presented themselves when i did the resonator delete. If anyone has any suggestions on that i have a thread over in the issues subforum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Can I ask why you wish to blur your license plate? I never really understood why people would choose to do this when your vehicle is on display to world while driving around, anyone could snap a photo if they so choosed to do so. Never really understood people concerns with this.

OP
OP

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I ask why you wish to blur your license plate? I never really understood why people would choose to do this when your vehicle is on display to world while driving around, anyone could snap a photo if they so choosed to do so. Never really understood people concerns with this.
you do bring up a good point. Idk honestly, i just see that's what they do on the news and on other videos displayed to the world so i just assume that there's probably a good reason for it. Yeah terrible logic i know lol. but i mean come on, everyone's doing it ;) haha

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Haha well commercially they have to because they don't have the consent of the vehicle owners, so they do it to avoid any legal issues that could come up. I was just curious.

Exhaust looks great though and I am sure it will sound amazing. Congrats!

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
The price keeps calling me on the MBRP street. I want to build my GT the right way since I'm not really looking to create one of those "regret" threads. Am I cheaping out looking at the MBRP? I keep hearing that the Magnaflows drone, and everything but the Borla Touring seem to be too loud. I want something deep and powerful but not necessarily loud. I'm one that likes to be semi-inconspicuous.

davidw76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Premium w PP & Corsa Xtreme
scariest part for me is/was getting the car on 4 jackstands (open to suggestions on the easiest way to accomplish this).
there's no need to do this for cat-back install.. just back up onto ramps, you don't need the front to be raised or the wheels to be off

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've always wondered that too. I have never tried to blur out my license plate when taking pictures of my vehicles. I don't care if people see it, especially people on the internet who probably don't even live around here.

Nice exhaust by the way.

Wayne

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
MBRP

The price keeps calling me on the MBRP street. I want to build my GT the right way since I'm not really looking to create one of those "regret" threads. Am I cheaping out looking at the MBRP? I keep hearing that the Magnaflows drone, and everything but the Borla Touring seem to be too loud. I want something deep and powerful but not necessarily loud. I'm one that likes to be semi-inconspicuous.
We've had several MBRP systems over the years and they are quality and have had no problems. I put the MBRP Street system on my '15 GT Prem, 6 spd convt and it's wonderful. No drone, great sound across the rev band and seems as high a quality as the others. Can't beat it for the price.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
We've had several MBRP systems over the years and they are quality and have had no problems. I put the MBRP Street system on my '15 GT Prem, 6 spd convt and it's wonderful. No drone, great sound across the rev band and seems as high a quality as the others. Can't beat it for the price.
Thanks, that's what I keep hearing. Seems like a good product for a much more reasonable price. I'm guessing I should get the stainless steel if I'm not trying to cheap out, right?

Sponsored

JustPlainJay

JustPlainJay
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It used to be very easy to run a license plate number and get the address of the owner. It might also be a good idea to blur your plate/face on pictures or video if you were "bending the law", speeding, burn outs, etc. Don't make it easy for the haters out there... :-b

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
there's no need to do this for cat-back install.. just back up onto ramps, you don't need the front to be raised or the wheels to be off
I don't know how people manage to do this on ramps. I'm a pretty skinny guy, and while I can get the bolts off the rear of the exhaust just fine, the clamps on the resonator were nearly impossible to get to with just the back raised up.

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
S vs regular

Thanks, that's what I keep hearing. Seems like a good product for a much more reasonable price. I'm guessing I should get the stainless steel if I'm not trying to cheap out, right?
Suppose SS adds a bit of longevity. I got the steel, whereas we live in a dry, no snow and minimal rain area. Plus, I never keep my cars long enough to worry about worn out items. I think I found SS units at about $90 over the steel units, so not overly expensive.

OP
OP

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Added Video

OP
OP

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With just the rear raised it was a bit too cramped for me.

I don't know how people manage to do this on ramps. I'm a pretty skinny guy, and while I can get the bolts off the rear of the exhaust just fine, the clamps on the resonator were nearly impossible to get to with just the back raised up.
I agree, I had a cheap harbor freight plug in impact and it was just too long to get on the front clamp bolts with just the rear raised, and even cordless impact i got was a little too long.
Sponsored