Sponsored

New Charge Pipes worth it?

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
So I'm finally getting around to buying a new Intercooler(SpeedFactory) and I was curious if it would be worth it to upgrade the charge pipes as well. I was looking at the MAP kit that Adam sells on his website, sounds like a good deal coming with both hot/cold side piping and a bov (currently only have boomba bov adapter) for only $480.

But I was really only curious if they can noticeably help performance wise. Will my charge temps be fine with just the new fmic? Or should I splurge and just upgrade all the piping?
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Are you tuned? If not, are you planning on going tuned when you install the fmic and charge pipes with an aftermarket bov?

OP
OP
Electrolight

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I'm not currently tuned. I wanted to wait till I got my intercooler before getting tuned. So once its on, Im going to hit up Adam/Tune+.

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP
I saw a difference with my map charge pipes and bov, installed the tune+ WGA the same day. Then levels IC next weekend... it wasn't until I put the IC on that I noticed the wheels were spinning in second gear lol. As AR306 mentioned, it's very much in your favor to save up and purchase a tune from Tune+ (Cobb Accessport)

OP
OP
Electrolight

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Yea I've already got an Accessport. I've been holding off on an Intercooler and tune for way too long. Ive saved up around $1500 so I was going to go all out with this month with performance mods. I figured Intercooler and tune were a must, Ive just been looking into what else could compliment it. Currently rocking a catless dp and muffler delete, MMR cai, and upr catch can on Cobb stage 1 93 Oct tune.

Sponsored

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP
Ohh, I see! I would 100% go tune+, a nice big IC, and either a wastegate actuator, or methanol injection. Waste gate is pretty cheap at about 140. Meth kit is actually for sale right now on the forum for 500$. Or, if e85 iso available in your area, c9nsider running a auxiliary fuel kit from tune+....which is my next buy.

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP
Orr, I have yet to branch out to suspension mods (minus lowering springs). Ive read a good bit that rear end suspension mods are a great buy as well.

OP
OP
Electrolight

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Could you give me a link to the meth kit? Ive been looking into that for a while now and that seems like a good deal if its a well put together kit.

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP

Sponsored
OP
OP
Electrolight

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I should have jumped on Adam's kit when I saw it a couple months ago. I would personally rather buy a new kit. Does anyone else make/sell a bolt on meth kit for the eb?

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP
OP
OP
Electrolight

Electrolight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
That Unleashed one looks like its got all the same AEM stuff the one Adam sold did. I wander if theres anything different

cuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, PP
Yea it does, I wouldn't know though to be honest. It's probably the one I'll end up getting if I can ever sell my wheels and tires.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
Anyone know why Adam is not selling the kit anymore?
Sponsored