Sponsored

New Car with manual hard shifting

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Im at 3k and it seems a little rough. I think when I changed to an aftermarket shifter knob that is noticeably lighter, it took some of the momentum of my shifts. I believe the stock knob is 469gm. It has some heft to it. I may put it back after I engrave it.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The Mach 1 is rough when new. Iā€™m at 2K and I still have 1st gear pop outs rarely and some occasional surging clutch touchiness when coming out of first into second in sport mode.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
The TR-3160 definitely notchy when brand new (for both the GT350s and Mach 1s). It got smoother with use, but it was never a struggle to get it into gear. Itā€™s just so satisfying to use.

Oddly enough, the MT-82 D4 in my 22ā€™ GT is buttery smooth, and much less notchy. And it was since brand new. Love it as well.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
The Mach 1 is rough when new. Iā€™m at 2K and I still have 1st gear pop outs rarely and some occasional surging clutch touchiness when coming out of first into second in sport mode.
Iā€™m coming to the conclusion that these GTs and M1s need a little more run in time to get really smooth and reach their full potential than I was aware of. I was out in my 2020 GT A10 convertible today which just turned 4000 miles. It was just amazing how effortlessly it went about itā€™s job as well as how smooth and fast it felt. I mean really, really strong and what a joy to throw all around the road.

Wish I had a magic wand to zap my 2023 A10 Mach 1 up to the same mileage but obviously it just has to be driven more. Iā€™m planning around a 175 mile or so rollout tomorrow so thatā€™ll add a little to itā€™s current 680 miles.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Iā€™m at 3600 mi and I am positive the shifting has significantly improved to the point that the car moves fluidly. Itā€™s probably partly the transmission breaking in and mostly me adapting to it.
Sponsored