New 2021 GT500 Orders

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Actually it’s pretty easy to understand -if you are ordering a car now you will be waiting many more months than the estimate from either Ford or the dealer -you will not be getting it when they say I guarantee it sorry to be the bearer of bad news I’ve been through this many times . This is why I have previously advised if you can find the vehicle of your dreams already on a dealer lot go for it better to enjoy yourself now rather than during the middle of the winter, which is probably when today’s orders will be coming in the way things are going .
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Actually it’s pretty easy to understand -if you are ordering a car now you will be waiting many more months than the estimate from either Ford or the dealer -you will not be getting it when they say I guarantee it sorry to be the bearer of bad news I’ve been through this many times . This is why I have previously advised if you can find the vehicle of your dreams already on a dealer lot go for it better to enjoy yourself now rather than during the middle of the winter, which is probably when today’s orders will be coming in the way things are going .
Yeah, they sold me a bill of goods with the 01 priority code, made it sound like that means clear the line, here comes Mike's order.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Yeah, they sold me a bill of goods with the 01 priority code, made it sound like that means clear the line, here comes Mike's order.
my local favorite dealer, back in February wanted to order me a car saying it would be in in about 12 weeks -I knew better and decided to purchase almost the exact car I wanted from another dealer who had it in stock in March. As you can guess the dealer that I was going to order my car from then found out about all of the delays and part shortages and said that he agreed it would be six months to a year if all went well so there you have it. Since this is a very personal decision for each potential purchase or you have to decide what you want but for me it was all about enjoying myself now especially with the nice weather and I was willing to pay a little bit over sticker to get what I want it now

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
my local favorite dealer, back in February wanted to order me a car saying it would be in in about 12 weeks -I knew better and decided to purchase almost the exact car I wanted from another dealer who had it in stock in March. As you can guess the dealer that I was going to order my car from then found out about all of the delays and part shortages and said that he agreed it would be six months to a year if all went well so there you have it. Since this is a very personal decision for each potential purchase or you have to decide what you want but for me it was all about enjoying myself now especially with the nice weather and I was willing to pay a little bit over sticker to get what I want it now
Totally agree, if there was one on a lot similar to what I wanted to order, I'd have paid more for it.

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
Same with my mach1, still shows Sept build date. Been pushed like 6 times. So I said I was gonna get a 500 instead and here I am in the same boat, lol

Sponsored

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i posted this the other day. this 2020 cftp has been sitting for ONE YEAR at the dealer. still asking $70k ADM. and you guessed right...California lol

What abuse. They add 70k then pre-pack the car with another couple grand.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
'21 cftp? congrats on a unicorn deal :like:
Thanks man. Yeah. Canada though and I live in a small place. Had a couple cars from the dealer over the years. Fortunate for sure.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
congrats, which dealer? Orchard?

Thanks man. Yeah. Canada though and I live in a small place. Had a couple cars from the dealer over the years. Fortunate for sure.

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
It has been a long while since I visited this forum. But since then things have changed for me, the 2020 TO GT500 was sold a week ago, and just over the past couple of days I found a dealer in SC that had an allocation for a '21 Carbon Pkg build so I just finalized it today! Went with Race Red with the paint on black stripes... Very excited to see it when it arrives whenever that maybe.

clavery1322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16' GT3RS
So just a heads up for you guys with cars on order, I've had a Mach 1 on order for over 3 months with an "01" order priority code that supposedly means Ford has to build your car right now, but my production date of Aug 23 hasn't budged since May and dealer stock orders are being shipped ahead of it. Hard to figure out any logic in how Ford is scheduling these orders now.
Is it a handling pack car? I heard from a very reliable source at Ford they are throttling the production down on anything with CUP 2's and have pulled most of their GT500 press fleet due to a massive backlog on them from Michelin. I confirmed this with multiple tire reps that service my dealers. They all advised sourcing from tire rack if possible but when they run out .... Michelin estimates 8 months backlog.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Is it a handling pack car? I heard from a very reliable source at Ford they are throttling the production down on anything with CUP 2's and have pulled most of their GT500 press fleet due to a massive backlog on them from Michelin. I confirmed this with multiple tire reps that service my dealers. They all advised sourcing from tire rack if possible but when they run out .... Michelin estimates 8 months backlog.

Just say no to line lock !!!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It is, I was wondering if the Cups might be the problem…

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
now if he shared that everyone would be hitting them up lol
That is correct.
Figure 2 gt350(r) and a raptor is what got me into msrp anyway.
Sponsored