avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have this all the time in kent Ian, it collects and looks like sand.Having paint treatment done nxt month so hopefully will make it easier to clean.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is, it collects in the corners of the rear screen and boot lid.
Some days it's horrendous, like you haven't cleaned the car for weeks.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Have this all the time, I can't keep my car clean longer than a day in Belgium... even when it doesn't rain for a day!

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Have this all the time in kent Ian, it collects and looks like sand.Having paint treatment done nxt month so hopefully will make it easier to clean.
Makes it easier to clean but doesn't stop it from happening. Mine is covered in sand spots like Ian's. Sick of it

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine looks equally bad...you would think I had driven through a dust storm!

Going for a full wash & detail at the weekend (well, my version of).

Dust like this does seem to stick to the paintwork and my snow foam/wash technique doesn't seem to lift it sometimes - this is after I do a full hose down with the pressure washer, then snow foam, leave for 5 minutes, another hose down, then wash with mitt and shampoo followed by a hose down, then dry. Anyone else struggle with this? Must say the lance I use if pretty rubbish - not very foamy!

Also, I'm going to throw a layer of wax on again because it's been a while. I have 2 applicators (the sponge ones that you are supposed to keep slightly damp), but at the moment they are rock hard. Anyone know how to clean them? I have soaked them before but the wax sort of sits in the sponge and breaks up making it difficult to use...

Waffle over.
Sponsored