Advertisement

Need Tire Suggestions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by grabberblue17GT, Jan 13, 2020.

1. grabberblue17GT

grabberblue17GT New Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    17 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Hey Gang,

Bought my first new(ish) car ever. Found a 1 owner 17 GT bought in Cali, owner just moved to New England and I purchased with 42k. I live in Maine and the car is cherry compared to what we are used to seeing.

It needs 2 rears, current is wearing bald MT Street Comps in 305/35/20. I think i am looking for a summer/performance type tire in 3/15/35/30 (has 10.5In rear wheel). I live in Maine and have very cold winters, will be kept in a non heated garage during the winter and driven spring into fall. Looking for something thats not really a drag radial but can be driven daily.

• Do all summer tires crack if they get cold enough? its not uncommon to be below freezing and even hit 0.
    • How are the Nitto Invos?
    • What would you run?
    • how "Cheap" could i get OE Wheels or a cheap set of aftermarkets for 2 sets?

I know theres lots of questions here. Love the car so far and cant wait for spring!

2. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Bullitt, 2017 Raptor
    0   0   0
    I’m originally from MI and I’ve run a summer style tire through winter and it was rough. My tire didn’t crack but it was so slippery and felt like the tire was made out of hard plastic.
    Getting a set of winter wheels and tires really isn’t bad especially if you just go with the cheapest rims you can find and don’t care about looks. It all depends on what tire you run. All season or full winter. for rears I had continental extreme contact d/w and they hooked like crazy in the summer.