Sponsored

Need Project 6Gr center caps.

FastTR03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get two center caps for Project 6gr wheels? I bought my wheels a few months ago and two days after putting them on, the emblem flew off from the center cap on two of the wheels. i called N4SM and told them what happened and was told they would send me two replacements while explaining that the emblems where not glued to the center caps, checked my other two just in case and those where fine with no problems. I waited a few weeks and didn't receive anything so I messaged them while I was at work but this time got told that they werent sure if they could send me a replacement, they had to check the boxes to see if they got any extras but they would send them if they found any. Again I never received anything, not even a status note.

At this point Im frustrated, $1600 wheels and two blank emblems so trying to see if anyone has or knows where I can get replacements. I could also consider another type of center cap but havent found one that looks good.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get two center caps for Project 6gr wheels? I bought my wheels a few months ago and two days after putting them on, the emblem flew off from the center cap on two of the wheels. i called N4SM and told them what happened and was told they would send me two replacements while explaining that the emblems where not glued to the center caps, checked my other two just in case and those where fine with no problems. I waited a few weeks and didn't receive anything so I messaged them while I was at work but this time got told that they werent sure if they could send me a replacement, they had to check the boxes to see if they got any extras but they would send them if they found any. Again I never received anything, not even a status note.

At this point Im frustrated, $1600 wheels and two blank emblems so trying to see if anyone has or knows where I can get replacements. I could also consider another type of center cap but havent found one that looks good.

Thanks in advance
Any ford center caps will work with those and IIRC they stay put better. I just run the center caps off my original PP1 wheels (the back ones with the silver pony). Looks great.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
the emblem flew off from the center cap on two of the wheels. i called N4SM and told them what happened and was told they would send me two replacements while explaining that the emblems where not glued to the center caps, checked my other two just in case and those where fine with no problems.
Wow, have they STILL not corrected that issue. I too had the same issue 2-3 years back on my previous GT. They send you caps with the sticker STILL WITH IT'S BACKING on the cap (it's kinda held in by the ridges) and sure enough, I lost 2 or 3 before realizing the backing paper needs to be removed.

Check your other 2 and peel the backing off and stick them on properly.

They ignored me for some time before finally sending me some replacement stickers after several e-mails.

Good luck.

OP
OP

FastTR03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Wow, have they STILL not corrected that issue. I too had the same issue 2-3 years back on my previous GT. They send you caps with the sticker STILL WITH IT'S BACKING on the cap (it's kinda held in by the ridges) and sure enough, I lost 2 or 3 before realizing the backing paper needs to be removed.

Check your other 2 and peel the backing off and stick them on properly.

They ignored me for some time before finally sending me some replacement stickers after several e-mails.

Good luck.
Looks like they havent. I checked my other two with their guy on the phone and those are good. Its exactly how it feels, they say they are sending me some and dont, then when I call them they make it seem like they didn't say that. Its frustrating considering how long I had to wait for the wheels.

OP
OP

FastTR03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Any ford center caps will work with those and IIRC they stay put better. I just run the center caps off my original PP1 wheels (the back ones with the silver pony). Looks great.
My wheels are sating graphite so the black with silver center cap looks a bit weird. I also sold my PP1s with them lol

Sponsored

rydaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I just received a set of these wheels. I noticed right away that the emblems weren't adhered to the cap. I only noticed because one was separated in the package and I checked the rest. The backing had not been peeled from the adhesive on the emblem. This led me to order a set of the OEM center caps from CJ. When I was placing the emblem on the 6GR caps I misaligned two of them but the other two are perfect. Being that I am going to use the Ford center caps I have no use for the ones that came with the wheels. I too contacted N4SM to try to get two replacements for the ones I misaligned and offered to pay for them and I was told they would send them if they could find some.

OP
OP

FastTR03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I just received a set of these wheels. I noticed right away that the emblems weren't adhered to the cap. I only noticed because one was separated in the package and I checked the rest. The backing had not been peeled from the adhesive on the emblem. This led me to order a set of the OEM center caps from CJ. When I was placing the emblem on the 6GR caps I misaligned two of them but the other two are perfect. Being that I am going to use the Ford center caps I have no use for the ones that came with the wheels. I too contacted N4SM to try to get two replacements for the ones I misaligned and offered to pay for them and I was told they would send them if they could find some.
Are you willing to sell the two you have?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Just sayin, if you can find some factory center caps, they'll fit. You can paint them or whatever to match your wheels.