Sponsored

Need manual transmission classes Miami (seriously)

5.0steve

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP ingot silver
  • Banned
Anyone want to help a fellow GT owner it's my first mustang and also first manual and I really only drive well enough to get to and from work. I'm located in Miami.
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
your first manual transmission car is Mustang GT PP ? :shocked:

entry level manual transmission car is supposed to be Honda Fit :lol:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I have had my gt for eight months and just one stall..Take control of your clutch pedal. Learn the feel of letting off slowly..These manual trans and factory shifters are great. Dont make it complicated. I usualy dont have to push the gas from a start until shes rolling.

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
It isn't the car I'd choose to learn in either. At least not in that city. Terrible drivers.
Don't ride the clutch. Take your foot off it when not shifting gears and make sure you push it all the way in when shifting gears.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
It's good to reach out for assistance and l'm sure a local member can help out.
Best to keep practicing in the mean time though, good luck.

I'm really dating myself here as my first MT car was a 74' Datsun B210, and that was back in 76'.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
probably not a big deal for OP to learn manual transmission on a GT. Main thing is not to rush / muscle a shift, and avoid high RPM downshifting. Clutches are relatively cheap. Synchronizers are not. But what's more potentially much more expensive than clutch / synchronizers is breaking traction with a LSD. Don't do that. :headbonk: If the tach jumps, give it clutch

smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Auto, 13 Escape SEL
I learned to drive in a 1978 Dodge colt coupe 4-speed with a 1.6 liter "MCA high swirl" single barrel four cylinder cranking out 77 hp. What's funny is that car regularly knocked down 40 mpg+ in 1978. I think the car was made of tin foil. We don't seem to have progressed much when it comes to mpgs Gee, I wonder if that's by design :shrug::shrug:

safeer93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My first manual car is the 2015 GT and I can assure you in just a couple of days I only stalled it once. I bought it out of state and drove it back home. Trust me it is not that hard to learn on this car especially when you need to start it in first just let go of the clutch slowly and the car will start to crawl at 5-7mph. By time you will start getting the feel of "biting point" and you will be a pro in no time. Just don't get nervous is my advice to you.

robrichtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance package
Hi Paul - curious as to what's expensive about breaking traction with an LSD (other than tires)?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Von Bek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Really, the best way to learn at this point is to find an empty parking lot and practice getting going in first gear. After that, it's just drive around.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I bought my 15 in a manual and hadn't DD a manual transmission in 15 years. Once I got accustomed to the clutch I was shocked at how easy these cars are to drive in a manual transmission. This is definitely an easy car to learn to drive manual on, just go easy on the throttle and you'll be fine. It's nearly impossible to stall in Florida because you don't have to worry about hills. I'm a little North of you in Broward and could definitely teach you as I have taught many to drive a manual.

No wonder so many new to RWD take the Mustang sideways and don't respect the power of the engine and RWD. Seriously though I picked up my 16 GT in the rain and it rained for the first few weeks of ownership and I still haven't taken it sideways yet [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
I learned to drive stick on my ecoboost the minute I left the dealer, these guys are right getting manual down you need to understand your clutch pedal above all.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just drive it, you will pick it up. My GT PP is my first manual car, almost 2K miles so far and it is already second nature.
Sponsored