ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Hi all -

Looking for some assistance with my next set of tires in a few months. Long story, but I currently have 255/35/19 Indy 500s square on my PP rims (Base GT though) while my snow tires on are on my current wheels and am looking to have a nicer looking summer set of rubber.

I love the Indy 500s and will be rolling with them again. The current look of 255/35/19 looks like crap on a non lowered car and I won't be lowering it for at least a little bit. What's your recommendation on tire sizes to flesh out the look a little bit. Not opposed to spaces, as I know I'm a little limited with the PP wheels.

Was thinking 265/40/19 in the front and 285/35/19 in the back....is that going to look stupid? My thinking is that with the taller sidewalls it'll fill it out a bit more. Also considering the 275/40/19 for the rear...but would prefer the extra .4" of width.

Any advice is most appreciated, don't want to screw up again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Most people on springs with pp wheels go with the stock pp tire sizes, 255/40/19 front + 275/40/19, with 1” spacers. Without springs, it wouldn’t look that bad still, as the wheels sit close to flush (the rears poke a bit, but not worth the hassle of smaller spacers).

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would stick with the stock sizes on the PP wheels as they do fit the wheel nicely. 255 is great on a 9" wide, and 275 is great on a 9.5". Anything wider is diminishing returns as the wheel can't optimally support that much tire. Sure you could cram more on, but not worth it.

- Cory

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I would stick with the stock sizes on the PP wheels as they do fit the wheel nicely. 255 is great on a 9" wide, and 275 is great on a 9.5". Anything wider is diminishing returns as the wheel can't optimally support that much tire. Sure you could cram more on, but not worth it.

- Cory
That's good to know...also happen to be cheapest sizes! What about profile, any advice? Stick with the 40?

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's good to know...also happen to be cheapest sizes! What about profile, any advice? Stick with the 40?
I would stick with the 40 sidewall on each, yes. It's a good matchup for the gear ratios and will visually look much better if you're not going to lower the car from the stock ride height.

- Cory

Sponsored

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I would stick with the 40 sidewall on each, yes. It's a good matchup for the gear ratios and will visually look much better if you're not going to lower the car from the stock ride height.

- Cory
Currently stock height, but plan to lower it with either pro-kits or Steeda Sport Progressives

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Currently stock height, but plan to lower it with either pro-kits or Steeda Sport Progressives
Both will still work well with the factory tire sizes.

OP
OP
ryant601

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)