Sponsored

Need help with Catless Exhaust Combination

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Aside from the legality and emissions aspect, keeping catalytic converters in place offers a benefit to the sound as well. They act as a muffler, creating a deeper sound and preventing the overly raspy tone you usually get on catless cars. Something to consider...
Not to highjack the OPs thread, but what is a part number from your fine company you recommend for straight thru muffler 3"in and 3"out for Twin Turbo setup. I love Magnaflow sound.
Sponsored

Nejtan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6 2015
Aside from the legality and emissions aspect, keeping catalytic converters in place offers a benefit to the sound as well. They act as a muffler, creating a deeper sound and preventing the overly raspy tone you usually get on catless cars. Something to consider...
Im cattless with shorties and using yours resonated xpipe with ford perf mufflers, not raspy, maybe this x pipe is an answer

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Im cattless with shorties and using yours resonated xpipe with ford perf mufflers, not raspy, maybe this x pipe is an answer
Sounds like you might have the same setup as me, I love it and definitely not too loud or raspy like many setups end up.

Nejtan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6 2015
Sounds like you might have the same setup as me, I love it and definitely not too loud or raspy like many setups end up.
Just looked at yours propably same, my might be little bit loduer with sport mufflers, but if u wanna keep it quiet its quiet if u wanna loud is could be definitely loud. Not faking v8 and but have a very own good sound.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked at yours propably same, my might be little bit loduer with sport mufflers, but if u wanna keep it quiet its quiet if u wanna loud is could be definitely loud. Not faking v8 and but have a very own good sound.
Agreed, it'd be cool to get ours together (not happening since you're in Queens!) to do a side by side comparison. In the Borla video of the two exhausts, the Sport was definitely louder but also more "hollow" if that makes sense.

Sponsored

OP
OP
karbate

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I ended up doing Jones Resonator in place of cats -> X-Pipe -> X-Pipe -> Jones Resonator -> Muffler Delete Quad Tips. I don't know if double X-Pipe actually does anything, but I had an extra x-pipe laying around so I figured why not haha. The drone is pretty bad at 2300-2400 RPM, but I drive fast enough so it doesn't bother me. I'm satisfied with it for now and probably will stay with this setup. Already spent too much money swapping things around :whew:

These are the only clips I have of it atm.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Sounds mean.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Mines a bit loud shorty headers, catless double helix x pipe corsa extremes. But it is raspy.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Also very mean. Raspy but mean.

Luke_neely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
Hey I am currently looking for a catless setup for my v6. Where did you purchase your catless downpipes? I have the identical setup except the off road legs, where can I get them?

Sponsored

Luke_neely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
I think mine sounds nice, but if that one is too quiet for you mine would probably be way too quiet lol.

Shorties > No Cats > Tru X Resonator > Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers

I had a Steeda X before the Tru X when I took this video but ended up taking it out to get some extra clearance due to the way it was welded in originally.

edit » since you originally had the full straight pipe set up, why not go half way between that and your current? Replace the mufflers with another set of resonators instead. Resonators clean up the sound, mufflers quiet it down.
Where did you get the catless dwonpipes? I am looking to go catless, where can I get these downpipes, or did you have them custom made and if so will they ship them to me?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I ended up doing Jones Resonator in place of cats -> X-Pipe -> X-Pipe -> Jones Resonator -> Muffler Delete Quad Tips. I don't know if double X-Pipe actually does anything, but I had an extra x-pipe laying around so I figured why not haha. The drone is pretty bad at 2300-2400 RPM, but I drive fast enough so it doesn't bother me. I'm satisfied with it for now and probably will stay with this setup. Already spent too much money swapping things around :whew:

These are the only clips I have of it atm.
Sounds really awesome.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the catless dwonpipes? I am looking to go catless, where can I get these downpipes, or did you have them custom made and if so will they ship them to me?
Mine were done at an exhaust shop, I don't believe Lethal is selling theirs anymore and they were the only ones with a V6 specific set.
Sponsored