Need Help: Steeda Dual Rate Springs and CC Plates

Thathc03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just installed Steeda’s dual rate springs on my Stock 2019 GT350. I also installed the Steeda Camber plates. I have the stock shocks and struts. I wanted to see if anyone is running the same setup and can send me a photo of how deep your shock tower bolt is. I torqued it to spec but it is much taller than the stock setup. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just installed Steeda’s dual rate springs on my Stock 2019 GT350. I also installed the Steeda Camber plates. I have the stock shocks and struts. I wanted to see if anyone is running the same setup and can send me a photo of how deep your shock tower bolt is. I torqued it to spec but it is much taller than the stock setup. Thanks for the help!
Like this? These are my Steeda camber plates at 2.2 degrees.

1607537232140.png

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes. Do you have lowering springs?
No, they're factory springs. But spring length doesn't affect how far the shaft sticks up. The only things that affect it are the length of the stud itself and the thickness of the stack of bearings and plates that go between the top of the strut and the bottom of the nut. My experience on my car is that the thickness of the Steeda stack and the factory stack are about the same.

So, if the stud length hasn't changed, then the best explanation for your situation is that the strut top assemblies are missing a piece. The Steeda strut tops re-use the OEM bearing and spring perch so it's possible that something got left out during reassembly. It's unlikely, but it's possible.

There's another possibility. It's possible that Ford changed the strut itself for 2019. I have 2018 or so GT350R struts installed, which are mechanically identical to the factory 2016 GT350 struts the car came with. I believe that Ford now has new part numbers for the later production magride struts and shocks, so it's possible there was a mechanical change (a longer threaded rod section, for instance) that may be making the stud look like it's sticking up further.

It would be easier for those of us who'd like to help if we saw a picture of what you're concerned about.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
8DA9E829-9931-4633-9B8B-129AEE821DF7.jpeg

this is my 19 with steeda plates I just installed about a week ago, haven’t gotten an alignment yet.
Sponsored