Sponsored

Need Back Up Camera Wiring Advice

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
So my backup camera finally went blank and its wire in the wiring harness probably broke. I am going to fix this issue but my question is that for people who have had other wires in the harness that control the third-brake light and Bliss system break also, did you guys have these wires break at the sametime as the camera's wire, because I could lengthen the camera's wire, but what if the other wire's are intact for now. I don't want to have to do this job again and was wondering if I should lenghten all the wires as a precaution even if they are intact for the time being, or if the camera wire is the most susceptible to coming apart?

Also what gauge wiring is requried for this job?

Thank you!
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
There is a tsb for this , I'll look it up in the am and post it .

OP
OP

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
There is a tsb for this , I'll look it up in the am and post it .
Yeah I have the tsb, but it doesn’t list the wire gauge type. And my question is: will the other wires also break eventually like the cameras?

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry man forgot to look up the tsb , glad you found it on your own . The gauge of the wires stay the same , I think they changed the tin to copper ratio to make the wire more flexible . From the harnesses I have repaired , the camera wires seem to be the one that fail . But the are also twisted together and have a grounding shield . On the vets it seems the the satellite cable fails before the camera wires .
Sponsored